'12 GA CB Geno Smith

He will be a 5 star. He'll step in and play right away here. Be it starting or in the nickel on the outside. He's an impact recruit.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Agreed that he will be a 5-Star. He is no doubt going to be a 5-Star and most likely the #1 CB. However he would be starting at the nickel coming in. His freshmen year we would still have Moore, Teague, Waggner, Gordon, Lanier, and Coleman at CB so I highly doubt he would start. But he will definitely get some immediate PT wherever he goes. He is a beast of a CB.

Agreed that he will be a 5-Star. He is no doubt going to be a 5-Star and most likely the #1 CB. However he would be starting at the nickel coming in. His freshmen year we would still have Moore, Teague, Waggner, Gordon, Lanier, and Coleman at CB so I highly doubt he would start. But he will definitely get some immediate PT wherever he goes. He is a beast of a CB.

Moore will be at FS. Gordon and Waggner would get passed easily. Teague, Coleman, and Lanier are the ones who could keep him of the field early. They are athletic enough and will know the system. But he's good enough to where he could start by the seasons end. We don't have a guy with his natural coverage skills on our team right now(outside of Janzen).

Moore's coming to play CB.

and by the time 2012 comes around, both Moore and janzen could very well be NFL bound

So do we have a reaistic shot here?

Its early on and I think the kid is probably still wide open right now. The 3 programs that stand out to him right now are AU, UGA, and UT but things can change during the summer.

The kid is an excellent talent but the kid also is loving the attention that he's getting, so I wouldn't put any stock into what he's saying.

My office is literally right around the corner from St. Pius HS and I know a couple of guys that are inside their football program. Right now I'm hearing that those 3 programs are the ones that stand out the most to him. One of my contacts says that the Barners are out in front and the other says that UGA could very well end up being the team to beat.

Like I said, still very early and this one will be alot of fun to watch. Just take everything Geno says with a grain of salt.

I'll post updates as I get them. I feel pretty confident about my sources on this one.

Thanks for the update. I think a lot will hinge on how well CJW utilizes the personnel we have in his system and how well they produce. If we have a lock down year on the passing game, look for that to be a positive selling point.
:salute:

Moore will be at FS. Gordon and Waggner would get passed easily. Teague, Coleman, and Lanier are the ones who could keep him of the field early. They are athletic enough and will know the system. But he's good enough to where he could start by the seasons end. We don't have a guy with his natural coverage skills on our team right now(outside of Janzen).

I'm not so sure that they would move Moore to FS in 2012. It's a possibility, but I'm not so sure. Randolph could very well be ready to start alongside Brewer at the other Safety spot in 2012. I think Moore stays at CB, but if he does move to FS I still don't see Geno starting over Lanier or Teague. Like you said he could easily pass Waggner and Gordon by default of knowing how to tackle, but Teague and Lanier would be a senior and junior, respectively in 2012. Don't see a true freshmen passing that. Regardless IF we do land Geno he will automatically get good PT and probable a starting nickel back position. He is that good.

Moore's coming to play CB.

and by the time 2012 comes around, both Moore and janzen could very well be NFL bound

Never thought of it like that Jay. I understand that Moore will be a sophomore next year and have 3 years to play 3. So by the time 2012 rolls around he would be a junior. But I'm not an expert on how this works. Even though he will just be a sophomore next year, can he still leave early for the NFL after next year because he is more than 3 years removed from high school? If that is the case then you could very well be right. I'm very confident Janzen is gone after this year and if Moore plays to the level I think he is capable of then he could very well be gone too.

he will be 3 yrs removed from his HS graduating class.

thats all he needs.

he will be 3 yrs removed from his HS graduating class.

thats all he needs.

Makes perfect sense. I guess the real question would be is Moore good enough to be one-and-gone at UT? What you think Jay?

This kid is the definition of a lockdown corner. He shut down some of the best receivers in the state last year. He plays some WR too.

This kid is the definition of a lockdown corner. He shut down some of the best receivers in the state last year. He plays some WR too.

Agreed. I have watched all the possible film on him I could and he is an amazing talent at CB. I would also label him as a shutdown corner. Will be great in college. Obviously way to early to project a player who hasn't played their senior year in high school, but if he can translate these skills to college then he has All-American written all over him. Shutdown in coverage, great in space with the ball in his hands, great on run support, etc. Love some of the hits he puts on the ball carrier. He brings it for a small corner.

We need this cat. I'm scared of what Marlon Brown might do to us. Hahaha. No but seriously we need this guy.

We need this cat. I'm scared of what Marlon Brown might do to us. Hahaha. No but seriously we need this guy.

He's always spoken positively about UT. I think everybody has a great shot at him. I know he likes Auburn alot, that was his first offer I believe. He also likes the DC at UGA. Bama has now jumped in the picture and are showing him alot of love. The big powers around the country are also jumping in the Geno sweepstakes.

This one is just starting to take off, get ready because it will be a LONG ride.

The guy is getting his azz kicked in the offseason right now by the staff. This next year is make or break for Marlon, I believe the coaching staff will put tons of pressure this year on Marlon to produce. We'll see how he responds.

This is my favorite recruit so far on the defensive side of the ball. He's that deal. What we need at CB. Size, speed, and he's a real playmaker. Hope Dooley pulls him and I have good vibe about this guy. Seems like he may be the big time guy Dooley takes from Georgia this year.

He is my favorite defensive recruit as well. I know we brought in 7 or 8 DBs in our last class, but he is still no doubt an extremely talented CB and would play right away just about anywhere.

VN Store

Back