The Weightlifters Thread

They took our jerbs!

Ok, back on topic. I finally broke the 300 lb plateau on squat. Legs hurt.

Nice. I used to like squats but haven't done em in a while because I felt they were messing with my knees. Could always drop the weight but I prefer low reps.

Legs tonight. Sucked, just didn't want to be there.

Yeah I rarely like leg workouts but working out calves is actually fun for me.

Nice. I used to like squats but haven't done em in a while because I felt they were messing with my knees. Could always drop the weight but I prefer low reps.

Yeah I rarely like leg workouts but working out calves is actually fun for me.

I think with good form, squats help a lot more than they hurt. And dammit, I forgot to do calves tonight. Was too crowded in the gym and I just forgot.

It's about time for me to bust out the old Strength Shoes again. I used to walk a couple of miles on a treadmill with them with a steep incline. Burns like a mother!!! I used to play a lot of basketball but no so much anymore. They really work from my experience.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think with good form, squats help a lot more than they hurt. And dammit, I forgot to do calves tonight. Was too crowded in the gym and I just forgot.

Yeah I've been meaning to go back to em but leg press is so much easier at the moment.

I haven't worked calves in months.

I used to not do them consistently either but got tired of them looking like sticks.

Yeah I've been meaning to go back to em but leg press is so much easier at the moment.

I used to not do them consistently either but got tired of them looking like sticks.

I don't have stick legs. I found that working calves didn't do much for them though.

Yeah I'll occasionally do either one on my last exercise of a workout. Used to do dropsets throughout an entire workout every now and then but not in a while.

Are strength shoes what basketball players wore around all the time to "increase their vert"?

Yes. Aka plyometric training shoes. They did increase my vertical, but the biggest gain in performance for me was speed.

Yes. Aka plyometric training shoes. They did increase my vertical, but the biggest gain in performance for me was speed.

It's weird cause I remember reading from a lot of sources that they didn't work. However, it makes sense to me that they would work and had a friend use them and it definitely made a noticeable improvement in his verticle. His speed seemed better too.

It's weird cause I remember reading from a lot of sources that they didn't work. However, it makes sense to me that they would work and had a friend use them and it definitely made a noticeable improvement in his verticle. His speed seemed better too.

I'm not sure how anyone could claim that they couldn't work. That would mean that calf raises didn't work either. You do have to be careful though, if you try some of those jumping exercises some promote you could tear an Achilles.

Yeah, I'm thinking of throwing them in once a month on each body part.

THey're good for a changeup about once a month. I used to do them way back when I worked out with two of my friends since it was easier having them unload plates on barbells instead of just me grabbing dumbbells over and over.

Tell me this... Should your lower back be sore at all after doing: Push presses, squats, sumo dead lifts, and leg circuits? I go all the way down on my squats, but I could lean forward a little.. or It could be something else, I just want to fix it so my workouts don't go to waste.

Tell me this... Should your lower back be sore at all after doing: Push presses, squats, sumo dead lifts, and leg circuits? I go all the way down on my squats, but I could lean forward a little.. or It could be something else, I just want to fix it so my workouts don't go to waste.

Are your hamstrings overly tight? That's what led to my lower back soreness.

Mine is a little tight after squats, nothing bad though

A little soreness is normal, squats use your lower back as your body is straightening itself out. Same with hams. It's literally the most important lift you can do.

If it turns from mild soreness into pain, you need to work on your technique. If your technique is good, time for physical therapy.

VN Store

Back