the shootings helped obama.

Class performance and "intelligence" isn't the be-all and end-all of governing.

I'm confident that Bush is fairly average in book-smarts, yet his people-skills are off the charts.

Wilson had a PhD and many feel that he was a rather poor president.

With that said, those saying that Obama went to Harvard Law and graduated MCL only because of his skin-color are deceiving themselves.

it's just a sad commentary on our political system. The best and brightest stay away from it and this is what we're left with

There's no money in it. Senators make less than 200K. What top small business owner or high level ex is going to take a job for 175K? This is why kick backs are always happening and the Senators makew their decisions based on who will give them the most money under the table and after their careers.

The only exception is business owners who are already worth multi-millions and don't need the money or are doing it to pass tax breaks to make their earning more.

There's no money in it. Senators make less than 200K. What top small business owner or high level ex is going to take a job for 175K? This is why kick backs are always happening and the Senators makew their decisions based on who will give them the most money under the table and after their careers.

The only exception is business owners who are already worth multi-millions and don't need the money or are doing it to pass tax breaks to make their earning more.

Some people like power more than money. And their pay is not their lifestyle. They aren't likely spending a lot of out of pocket money on much.

Except he has repeatedly stated that although the healthcare bill is not perfect(or what he would have preferred), it's better than before. If you disagree with that then you are making a distinction of "policy I disagree with".

Not necessarily. There are plenty of health care advocates that are upset about the bill and don't think it was "better than before."

Like I have already said.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of health care advocates that are upset about the bill and don't think it was "better than before."

Like I have already said.

And? Of course there are people for or against the bill. That doesn't change the fact that Obama has said he would have preferred something different, but is happier with what we have now than what we had before.

And? Of course there are people for or against the bill. That doesn't change the fact that Obama has said he would have preferred something different, but is happier with what we have now than what we had before.

We're going in circles here.

I have no idea why he got what grades he got or why he got into whatever school he got into.

Also, not saying he's the smartest ever. Frankly, seems like a pointless debate since there is no basis to compare. I mean, Reagan might not have been the sharpest tool in the shed in terms of academics but the guy was a master politician. Bush was, in my opinion, a bit of a dolt, but he knew how to delegate. Clinton was pretty bright, but had the judgment on occasion of a horny teenager.

Bush being stupid is just another of the long list of lies you are comfortable perpetuating.

We're going in circles here.

You argued Obama is of lower intelligence because he just passed any old legislation after he didn't get what he originally wanted. Therefore, he is more concerned with "getting points". Of course your original argument was that he was of a lower intelligence because he was too strongly ideological. I'm pointing out that

1. Those two arguments are contradictory
2. He is actually more happy with what we have now than what we had before.

That's it.

The two arguments are not contradictory, as I presented them. I never said he was of "lower intelligence," I said he wasn't a genius.

The two arguments are not contradictory, as I presented them. I never said he was of "lower intelligence," I said he wasn't a genius.

Lower intelligence than you would otherwise be led to believe. That's pretty pedantic though. And I do believe ramming any old legislation through just to score political points and being overly idealistic and naive are pretty darn contradictory.

He's idealistic in the sense that Pelosi is as well. It's all about "winning," beating their ideological foes. Maybe idealistic isn't the best word for it, but I've described my thoughts on it pretty clearly regardless.

He's idealistic in the sense that Pelosi is as well. It's all about "winning," beating their ideological foes. Maybe idealistic isn't the best word for it, but I've described my thoughts on it pretty clearly regardless.

Agree to disagree.

I agree with this, Obama made this quite clear very early in his presidency. He took office with the I won you lost mentality, it appeared to me that he was more about winning and throwing that in the face of what he perceived as political enemies.

Pelosi took a different approach with rhetoric but quickly let it be known she was the HBIC.

All you had to do was watch that sham of a debate he "mediated" between the republicans and democrats to realize he was all about winning and rubbing it in.

OH, John you poor stupid old man. Don't you remember the people elected me as President. You lost old man. My opinion means way more than yours. We're not candidates anymore. I won. Shut up vet boy and know your role.

Dude is a douche bag.

VN Store

Back