JORDAN-DIAMOND-OT-SIMEON-2012-TEN-OFFERS_150.JPG

Jordan Diamond
OT
Chicago, Ill
6-6, 289 lbs

Jordan Diamond - Yahoo! Sports
Scout.com: Jordan Diamond Profile
Jordan Diamond 2012 Football Recruiting Profile - ESPN

Tennessee is showing 'increased interest' according to Diamond.

He has a pretty good offer list. ND, Mich, Wisconsin, WVU, Ohio St., and Iowa among others.

"I don't have a favorite, and I definitely need to look into it more. As of now there are a few schools I'm liking; Notre Dame, Florida State, Tennessee, Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin."

Besides taking a trip to Florida State in the spring, Diamond also wants to checkout Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn. Diamond says he wants to take all five of his visits in the fall before making a college choice.

247 Sports

He has been selected to the 2012 Army Game, and is a top 10 offensive tackle in the country, and the best prospect in Illinois.

I think this is Jim Chaney's area for recruiting, will be interesting to see how this plays out, I doubt he stays in-state.

If I had to guess I would guess CJC will be recruiting this kid as well. We could definitely be a factor with this kid considering it's in IL and we've had decent success lately up and around there and Chaney will be recruiting him and his success with OL. It also wouldn't be surprising to see CHH on him as well considering his length of time in Chicago with the Bears. I really think we could become a factor.

Big Illinois OT Jordan Diamond will visit #NotreDame tomorrow. He is visiting the #Vols in the next few weeks talented player
- Clmckee86, Twitter

UT really needs to take a look at offering the QB from Simeon as well. Robert Gregory is a super sleeper talent at that position. He and Diamond are the main reasons that a Chicago Public League school is a legit threat to win a state title in a long, long, long time in Illinois.

Declined an offer to star in Saved By The Bell The Next Generation.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Heard his brother Dustin is going into the adult industry though. The family should be will off even with Jordan's recent declination of an offer for The Next Generation.

UT really needs to take a look at offering the QB from Simeon as well. Robert Gregory is a super sleeper talent at that position. He and Diamond are the main reasons that a Chicago Public League school is a legit threat to win a state title in a long, long, long time in Illinois.

It'd be the first time ever, but it won't happen. There were more talent on some of those MoPo teams over the last 5 years and they still couldn't get past the quarters.

Diamond and Gregory are both legit athletes though, but I can't say that Gregory is a great fit for us. He wants to be a quarterback and we are in a position where we can pick and choose who we want, and I somehow doubt we will be taking any dual threat guys anytime soon.

OFFERS: Diamond is nearing 20 offers prior the spring evaluation period.
STRENGTHS: He is a massive body that shows good lateral movement and actually looks pretty athletic, despite his very average testing numbers in San Antonio. He also does a nice job of getting underneath the pads of his opponent. His film was taken from one game, the City Championship against Chicago (Ill.) Mt. Carmel.
WEAKNESSES: Diamond must run his feet after contact and keep off the ground. He also could shift around some bad body weight.
CONCLUSION: He is clearly one of the top offensive linemen in the state of Illinois and looks the part of a right offensive tackle at the next level. Look for him start off as a 5.8 four-star inside the Top250.
- Rivals

"The campus is enormous," Diamond said, when asked about his experience at Ohio State. "It was big but everything was close together as far as football and academics wise."

"I talked to all of the coaches," he said. "I talked to head coach Jim Tressel and he was a down to earth guy and he's got a sense of humor. It was just kind of cool getting to see the coaching staff. Coach Tressel is a good guy and coach (Jim) Bollman is a good guy. I got a chance just to really get a good understanding of what they're doing and I can't wait to go back."

"Everybody is pretty even right now but Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame are obvious to me that they will (be on the list)," he said.
- Rivals

Said he wants to break it down to 10 schools before the summer & by the end of the summer have 5 schools & take his OV's to those. Visiting Michigan this Saturday.

“They are really cool guys,” said Diamond of Brady Hoke & company. “They’re high intensity, on and off the field. We talk all the time. I’ve got a stronger bond with the Michigan staff than I do any other school, so that is really important.”

“It’s still the same,” he said regarding the Wolverines’ standing in his recruitment. “Michigan is my favorite school, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I like to travel. As it stands right now, Michigan is the #1 school right now.”
- Scout

VN Store

Back