Source inside says CBP is gone. (rumor)

This is pretty muck what Gary Parrish said on CBS Sports but he said UT would keep CBP, an interim coach with no playoff opportunities and fewer quality players is a losing proposition.

From my source within the athletic department:

"Bruce Pearl will not return as the coach of the UT Men's Basketball team next season."

"The NCAA WILL suspend Bruce Pearl for one year and UT will lose scholarships in addition to the self-imposed and SEC sanctions."

Credible and reliable. Book it.

This is just speculation by your source. All of the above may happen but no one from Tennessee knows what the penalties are going to be yet. "The NCAA WILL suspend Bruce Pearl and UT will lose scholarships"..... is pure speculation on their part.

Like I said it may happen but no one outside of the NCAA knows at this time.

should have been fired already.....as much as i hate to agree with hatvol. The athletic dept moves have been to protect Pearl and not the UT BB program. Hamilton's track record on difficult issues has not been very good.

1.Why would Tennessee be working out a contract with CBP, just to get rid of him?

2. Want cheese with that "whine." Seems like this is a :cray: reaction to Pearl asking for a larger buyout in his contract....

3. Also, why would Tennessee already know what punishments they will receive if the NCAA has not sent a letter of allegations? Heard it will not be til August.....

Sad if he's gone, but Tennessee can always hire a roommate of an NBA legend!!! Since it worked out so well the last time :hi:

1.Why would Tennessee be working out a contract with CBP, just to get rid of him?

2. Want cheese with that "whine." Seems like this is a :cray: reaction to Pearl asking for a larger buyout in his contract....

3. Also, why would Tennessee already know what punishments they will receive if the NCAA has not sent a letter of allegations? Heard it will not be til August.....

Sad if he's gone, but Tennessee can always hire a roommate of an NBA legend!!! Since it worked out so well the last time :hi:

1. Its a process.
2. Had nothing to do with possible repercussions.
3. Having a plan when you know what most likely will happen is good business. And it won't be August when the 'AA sends the letter.

And your last paragraph is gibberish at best.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This is just another baseless rumor. The NCAA hasn't completed their investigation yet. It could happen, but until it is not official, this is just another he said she said. It is aggravating that people on this board start these things just so they can be the first. It is 50/50 and if not true, they just say, Oh Well!

I am very ignorant on most of this topic. I understand CBP hosted a cookout, with recruits, made unathorized and excessive text messages, and eventually lied to the NCAA. I am by no means trying to justify or defend these actions.

My confusion is wondering to which "benchmark" is this being compared? It seems that if what the OP says is true, and you combine the punishments already in place, this seems like a snowball effect that could be getting a bit too large? (not for CBP but for the University)

If I'm wrong, flame away! I just posted here wanting to hear opinions from people that had more knowledge than I do on the situation.

I like CBP and appreciate what he's done for the program, but I have no problem with removing him and the black eye this university is wearing at the moment.

Thanks for the help.

The ncaa is lied to and made a mockery of 24/7--365. So if you are buying players and ncaa is aware of it (of course they are) it is OK-----Just dont have an illegal cookout, over text, and LIE about it? Give me a friggin break. NCAA= joke.

Just call me Crime "The Source" by gawd Dawg....Bruce is done and he knows it!

The ncaa is lied to and made a mockery of 24/7--365. So if you are buying players and ncaa is aware of it (of course they are) it is OK-----Just dont have an illegal cookout, over text, and LIE about it? Give me a friggin break. NCAA= joke.
The NCAA is the biggest joke on the planet. This year they have proven themselves as a protector of media income rather than an advocate for the student athlete.

However, they have never been consistent with their rulings, and precedent is simply not that important to them. That is exactly why you don't want to do ANYTHING to draw there attention to you. You lie to them and you are going to get both barrels.

Bruce's indiscretion brought this on. Nothing else matters...not Kanter, not Newton, not Reggie Bush.

Last edited:

you understand the hold up in the contract discussions?

From my source within the athletic department:

"Bruce Pearl will not return as the coach of the UT Men's Basketball team next season."

"The NCAA WILL suspend Bruce Pearl for one year and UT will lose scholarships in addition to the self-imposed and SEC sanctions."

Credible and reliable. Book it.

this is crap.....just stop all this nonsense..you bozos..!!

Keep Bruce Regardless. He's the best thing we've had in a long time.

I think that's a fair viewpoint. I don't necessarily agree with it, but the simplicity of saying we understand that we cheated and are OK with that going forward is better than much of what I hear.

you understand the hold up in the contract discussions?

It was the hot topic on the sports animal this morning @ 6; Bruce wants larger buyout, but tennessee doesnt want to give it since they have stood behind him through this mess. I don't think Pearl has any bargaining power in this at all so I see why the Athetic Department is frustrated with him, but they do want him to be the coach at Tennessee for a long time to come.

I think that's a fair viewpoint. I don't necessarily agree with it, but the simplicity of saying we understand that we cheated and are OK with that going forward is better than much of what I hear.
Then does the temp watchdog UT has assigned to Bruce during his suspension become a full time gig?

It was the hot topic on the sports animal this morning @ 6; Bruce wants larger buyout, but tennessee doesnt want to give it since they have stood behind him through this mess. I don't think Pearl has any bargaining power in this at all so I see why the Athetic Department is frustrated with him, but they do want him to be the coach at Tennessee for a long time to come.

You think Doc, Jeff or Heather has the first inkling on what the deal is?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back