Charlie Weiss to Florida as OC???

I said all that?

My point was, a trained monkey is an upgrade over Addazio....let alone someone with Weiss's resume.

I guess I struck a nerve with some of you. :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A few years ago, the Gator nation made claims that the "trained monkey" was an upgrade over Mullen.

What some of the fans here don't seem to get is Weiss is a much better OC than HC, and our offense is upgraded instantly by his presence.

Whether he stays one year or five years is anyone's guess, but I'll take fatass over dumbass all day, every day.

So when you constantly hear "phat jokes" in reference to your OC, you're OK with that?

i'm with LW.

they could hire the three stooges to coach the offense next season and i would expect vast improvement.

i'm expecting the 8-5 record florida posted in 2010 to be featured in the next book as part of the time-life books series "mysteries of the unknown".

how the hell do you win 8 games when you can't even snap the football?

Over what?

I had no gripe with Mullen.

Yes, and the other 99% of the Gator nation are saying the same thing now after the Addazio experiment.

First, everyone heard it was that Addazio was an improvement over Mullen.

Then after Tebow and Company left, SA was going to have Brantley at his disposal and UF's passing game would benefit greatly, adding another dimension to the potent offense that was going to cause havoc among SEC defenses.

2nd verse, same as the first.

Yes, and the other 99% of the Gator nation are saying the same thing now after the Addazio experiment.

First, everyone heard it was that Addazio was an improvement over Mullen.

Then after Tebow and Company left, SA was going to have Brantley at his disposal and UF's passing game would benefit greatly, adding another dimension to the potent offense that was going to cause havoc among SEC defenses.

2nd verse, same as the first.

99% of us WERE wrong about Brantley, but I don't recall anyone claiming Addazio would be some big upgrade over Mullen. Best case we expected the offense to stay the course from '08 to '09. That didn't happen because Addazio was, well, Addazio.

But feel free to keep making sweeping generalizations...you're pretty good at it.

99% of us WERE wrong about Brantley, but I don't recall anyone claiming Addazio would be some big upgrade over Mullen. Best case we expected the offense to stay the course from '08 to '09. That didn't happen because Addazio was, well, Addazio.

But feel free to keep making sweeping generalizations...you're pretty good at it.

A generalization it was not.

Although, I do appreciate the honesty in regards to the Brantley assumption.

I think hes gonna surprise next season. He ain't as bad as he is getting credit for.

Mark it down, you heard here first.

I think hes gonna surprise next season. He ain't as bad as he is getting credit for.

Mark it down, you heard here first.

Brantley has the tools and the pedigree. What he is probably lacking is the necessary confidence and comfort with an offense that is built around him.

Even with that though, it will be an uphill battle and the slightest error may cause him to go off course.

i.e. Ainge / Crompton.

Brantley has the tools and the pedigree. What he is probably lacking is the necessary confidence and comfort with an offense that is built around him.

Even with that though, it will be an uphill battle and the slightest error may cause him to go off course.

i.e. Ainge / Crompton.

IMO that is fixing to change.

Those other 2 finished out pretty good. Considering where they where.

If the rumors about Smart are true, then color me officially worried about our entire coaching staff bolting for UGA in a couple years when Richt gets shown the door.

From "everyone"...got it....nope, that's not a generalization.

Yet I'm in denial. :eek:lol:

Everyone - as in the TENNESSEE fanbase had to hear about how SA was a step in the right direction and an improvement.

Yes, you're still in denial.

If the rumors about Smart are true, then color me officially worried about our entire coaching staff bolting for UGA in a couple years when Richt gets shown the door.

I don't think you will have to be concerned with that.

I think it's safe to assume that those who are finalizing his contract have penalty clauses inserted for him making such a move.

Everyone - as in the TENNESSEE fanbase had to hear about how SA was a step in the right direction and an improvement.

Yes, you're still in denial.

No, you're just not being truthful.

Addazio's familiarity with Meyer's offense was looked upon as a positive, but you're dead wrong if you think the majority of UF fans though he'd be an improvement over Mullen.

No need to worry about that. The Smart to UF rumors are not true. Smart will go to UGA when Richt gets the boot but he won't be at UF so it won't matter.

VN Store

Back