Indoctrinating American school children with moslim viewpoint.

if you follow the Bible then you would just need to read Genesis. It tells you how the earth was created. as for it not being important, it is very important.

Curious, Joe. Are you a Southern Baptist or other Baptist?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

if you follow the Bible then you would just need to read Genesis. It tells you how the earth was created. as for it not being important, it is very important.

I can come close to guaranteeing you really, really, really don't want to get into a Biblical debate with me.

BTW - you never answered my question a few weeks ago about your thoughts on Romans 13 and what it says about Christians and how they are to view government leaders. Or 1 Peter 2:13-17.

I can come close to guaranteeing you really, really, really don't want to get into a Biblical debate with me.

BTW - you never answered my question a few weeks ago about your thoughts on Romans 13 and what it says about Christians and how they are to view government leaders. Or 1 Peter 2:13-17.

i don't know what you're talking about. i never saw your post about romans 13.

if you know so much about the Bible, then you would agree that it is important to know that God created the earth.

if you know so much about the Bible, then you would agree that it is important to know that God created the earth.

We never said that. We said that it was not important HOW GOD CREATED the Earth. The important aspect was to know however it was created, it was done by the Creator (God).

by reading it, i thought you were saying it didn't matter how the earth was created. if that's not how it was meant then I'm glad to be wrong.

by reading it, i thought you were saying it didn't matter how the earth was created. if that's not how it was meant then I'm glad to be wrong.

I understood it as them saying causality is more important than process, and that the Bible spoke to causality, but not really much to process.

I could be wrong though.

I understood it as them saying causality is more important than process, and that the Bible spoke to causality, but not really much to process.

I could be wrong though.

I understand what they're saying. for the earth and humans to be created in 6 days, there isn't much time for process.

I could be wrong though.

Ding ding ding.

(Although I thought it said casualty at first.)

This is a rather silly thing to say in the context of this particular discussion. While Genesis does tell us who is responsible it does not tell us how it was created other than to say God was responsible. To act as if there is no further explanation needed given the curious nature of human beings (the same curious nature which God bestowed on us) seems rather naive to me.

Life is very multifaceted and it seems to me that if you subscribe to the notion of their being a creator then you must believe he intended for us to ask questions and seek answers beyond what was written in the Bible. This is how I view things though and I fully understand that many others do not.

This is a rather silly thing to say in the context of this particular discussion. While Genesis does tell us who is responsible it does not tell us how it was created other than to say God was responsible. To act as if there is no further explanation needed given the curious nature of human beings (the same curious nature which God bestowed on us) seems rather naive to me.

Life is very multifaceted and it seems to me that if you subscribe to the notion of their being a creator then you must believe he intended for us to ask questions and seek answers beyond what was written in the Bible. This is how I view things though and I fully understand that many others do not.

He created the earth in 6 days. I don't there is much explanation needed. I agree though, I do think there is need to study science from a Christian perspective just for the sake of debunking evolutional theory. God wouldn't give us the answer so easily. I understand and agree what your saying.

I could be wrong though.

Most eloquently spoken, sir.

He created the earth in 6 days. I don't there is much explanation needed. I do think there is need to study science from a Christian perspective just for the sake of debunking evolutional theory.

I don't believe the earth was created in six days and that is in no way a conflict with my beliefs as a Christian. Careful reading, research and understanding of Genesis along with scientific information debunks a misunderstanding that has been perpetuated for far too long IMO. This is an example of the main problem I have with many denominations, they are so hard headed they throw all reason aside and paint themselves into a corner without need. The earth could have been created over 7 trillion years and I see no conflict with my faith in accepting that as a possibility.

Last edited:
I don't believe the earth was created in six days and that is in no way a conflict with my beliefs as a Christian. Careful reading, research and understanding of Genesis along with scientific information debunks a misunderstanding that has been perpetuated for far too long IMO. This is an example of the main problem I have with many denominations, they are so hard headed they through all reason aside and paint themselves into a corner without need. The earth could have been created over 7 trillion years and I see no conflict with my faith in accepting that as a possibility.

On the flip side, God could have created it in 6 minutes or 6 seconds and the same holds true.

I am just amazed that some cannot understand the underlying meaning of Genesis 1 was that a) God created it and b) He declared it good.

There's a lot of numerical symbolism in the Bible. 3 and 7 come up an awful lot for a reason. In fact, I've read that "7" stands for "complete." Applying this to the creation story, it is possible that 6 days of work and 1 day of rest may represent that it took a lot longer to create everything before man was here, than the time man has been here.

There's a lot of numerical symbolism in the Bible. 3 and 7 come up an awful lot for a reason. In fact, I've read that "7" stands for "complete." Applying this to the creation story, it is possible that 6 days of work and 1 day of rest may represent that it took a lot longer to create everything before man was here, than the time man has been here.

I would also add that because some of the stories in the Bible were handed down from ages long before they were put to stone or parchment the way time was measured or described almost certainly changed. Given that area of the world has always been a turbulent crossroads ideas and concepts were in some degree of flux throughout that lands history.

Agreed. There are contexts to the Bible that have to be considered, whether you are a believer or not. There's a reason people have dedicated their lives to studying it. It's not as simple as just cracking it open and reading cover to cover.

Agreed. There are contexts to the Bible that have to be considered, whether you are a believer or not. There's a reason people have dedicated their lives to studying it. It's not as simple as just cracking it open and reading cover to cover.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. When something as simple as "Thou shalt not murder." can get corrupted into "Thou shalt not kill." it's obvious you need to be paying attention. Even though that little bugaboo has straightened itself out for most people actually keeping up there are a lot of people out there that still believe the Bible actually forbids killing regardless of reason or circumstance. It's just not that simple.

Agreed. There are contexts to the Bible that have to be considered, whether you are a believer or not. There's a reason people have dedicated their lives to studying it. It's not as simple as just cracking it open and reading cover to cover.

Solid post IP.

The essentials are fairly easy to comprehend. The more detailed, deep stuff takes more effort.

VN Store

Back