Florida and Alabama Rivalries Revisited...

Being buddies makes you just want to beat them that much more--I was always most competitive against my friends.

Being buddies makes you just want to beat them that much more--I was always most competitive against my friends.

Yeppers, nothing like good competition among friends. It only is a problem if one of them cheats--that's when things go wrong. Things should be pretty fun over the next few years in the SEC.:thumbsup:

Yup, that's why I pointed it out too. :good!:

Yes, but you said we didn't do much better against Urban either. I doubt that you can find anyone anywhere that detests Fulmer more than I do. However, it is not possible to do worse than we did against Urban Meyer. That was my point. We did worse against Urban Meyer. We were winless against him.

I've heard this, and thought this, before. However, looking back, I've only ever seen the Vols beat Florida 6 times (to their 17) in my lifetime. At what point was it a great rivalry? As much as I hate it, the Gators have simply dominated us for the better part of two decades.
Yeah but it took those two decades of dominance for the gators to take their first lead in the head to head series.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yes, but you said we didn't do much better against Urban either. I doubt that you can find anyone anywhere that detests Fulmer more than I do. However, it is not possible to do worse than we did against Urban Meyer. That was my point. We did worse against Urban Meyer. We were winless against him.

Semantics--guess I should have chosen my words more carefully. UT had 3 different coaches lose to Urban in his five years at UF. I'm pretty sure Fulmer lost to Spurrier more than 3 times, no? Regardless--semantics. Doesn't change my initial thought at all.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back