Tennessee vs.North Carolina music city bowl

The set of projections on Rivals projects we're going to play Maryland. I'd actually prefer that, given how we quit the last time we played the Terps in a bowl.
I would take the Maryland matchup over UNC or Miami. Yeah they aren't that good this year but both teams still have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Does the orange bowl have to take the Big Least champion?

No but it does have to take the ACC champion and UConn will be the last team choosen and the OB has the last pick....Horrible matchup for sure....Might draw 40,000 if they are lucky :birgits_giggle:

The Music City Bowl is like an hour from my hometown, but I can't go if the Vols are there because I have to work that night. :cray: D'OH!

I'm hoping for Liberty Bowl....New Year's Eve in Memphis and a blowout of UCF!

Last edited:
I think this year's bowl matchups prove just how much the BCS sucks.

Theoretically, Va Tech (who lost to Boise St. and JMU) or Florida State could end up playing a 7-5 Pittsburgh squad in the Orange Bowl.

I think it's funny that Tech has two losses, including one to Boise State, yet will make a BCS bowl and Boise will likely end up in a weak bowl. I'm in no way a BSU fan, to clarify.

Was the Citrus bowl changed to Outback or Capital One? Someone please remind me. Thanks!

I wish we woulda kept that series with UNC... not only because its embarassing to run from a basketball school, but i think that could be a great rivalry... another good border when when we have no real instate rival. and they always battle it out in recruiting. oh well. maybe hammy will learn from his mistakes at some point...but probably not

I absolutley hope for a UT/UNC game in Nashville. I would be surprised if it is anything else.

UT v UNC is a great matchup for the MCB. Easy trip for both fan bases plus the contraversy over taking them off the schedule only adds to the enticement.

Miami might bring about 15 people to Nashville.

That's why i'd rather play Miami. I don't lije "good storylines", I like a winnable game, & a lackluster Miami team in 30 degree weather is more beatable.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I am a little hesiate to buy tickets yet. I don't want to have to try and sale them if it's not Music City.

Music City has first pick from any of the three SEC 6-6 teams, right? So they would have to skip over UGA to take the Vols, sending UGA to the Liberty and KY to the Compass? And the ACC opponent would have to be UNC or GA Tech, so they def wouldn't want UGA and the Jackets.

VN Store

Back