Transfer Rob Murphy

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like Rob Murphy has been brought up on VN.

A 6'7, 230 lb. junior forward transfer from Lipscomb. He's currently sitting out the season, basic transfer rule blah blah blah. His stats aren't impressive from his first two seasons at Lipscomb.

The only story I could find online:
TNJN - Murphy looks for fresh start with Vols

I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like Rob Murphy has been brought up on VN.

A 6'7, 230 lb. junior forward transfer from Lipscomb. He's currently sitting out the season, basic transfer rule blah blah blah.His stats aren't impressive from his first two seasons at Lipscomb.

The only story I could find online:
TNJN - Murphy looks for fresh start with Vols

Good reason why he wasn't mentioned probably

I don't think the guy is looking for playing time. He went to Brentwood academy and a lot of his friends went to UTK and he wanted to do that instead. Heck, if i was good enough to get a bunch of personalized gear and shoes, even without play, I would too.

saw this kid play several times in high school at Brentwood Academy in Nashville.... this is embarrassing to know we have made a spot for him. Nothing against him personally, but he didnt hardly play/be productive at Lipscomb. He was average as a bigger player in high school, and if he sees the court, it will be worse than watching steven pearl play

I don't think the guy is looking for playing time. He went to Brentwood academy and a lot of his friends went to UTK and he wanted to do that instead. Heck, if i was good enough to get a bunch of personalized gear and shoes, even without play, I would too.

We currently have three guys on our team here in Memphis that walked on for this reason (one rejected a scholly from SIU). None of them expected to see any legit minutes. Our coach has applauded them big time for their work in practice as a "scout team" to help the starters prepare. Two of them were awarded scholarships last year for their hard work in practice and one is even getting some quality minutes now.

Its always good to have guys like that on the team as long as they are willing to walk on or you have an extra scholly.

I saw him on the roster about a month ago and brought it up inside another thread. Got about the same response.

Meh.

saw this kid play several times in high school at Brentwood Academy in Nashville.... this is embarrassing to know we have made a spot for him. Nothing against him personally, but he didnt hardly play/be productive at Lipscomb. He was average as a bigger player in high school, and if he sees the court, it will be worse than watching steven pearl play

Brah, chill. They did not give him a scholarship. Dude is an extra body to beat on and simulate other teams in practice. If anything, he is probably raising the team GPA. In return, he is getting to enjoy the ride, learn more about basketball, and getting something to put on his resume.

Brah, chill. They did not give him a scholarship. Dude is an extra body to beat on and simulate other teams in practice. If anything, he is probably raising the team GPA. In return, he is getting to enjoy the ride, learn more about basketball, and getting something to put on his resume.

Well said sir:rock:

With the state of our post game and the likelihood of no more recruits this year, I would not count out that he won't see playing time. Any one that can do anything at the post position is likely to be playing, at least some off the bench..

With the state of our post game and the likelihood of no more recruits this year, I would not count out that he won't see playing time. Any one that can do anything at the post position is likely to be playing, at least some off the bench..

I was thinking the same.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back