What is the difference between the Tea Party and Republican Party?

Because there is no room in the Dem's "big tent" for people who believe in the Founding principles of limited gov't, rule of law, and protection of individual rights and property.

FWIW, when the GOP abandons principle after gaining power again... which I am about 75% certain they will... I believe the TP will spin off into a new party.

If that happens, the GOP could collapse leaving ALL of the elitists and chronically aggrieved in the Democratic Party.

What's the difference between the democrat party and the communist party?

Why do 100% the communist party candidates run as democrats?

29.jpg

Michigan GOP

"This report provides further proof of something we all suspected—deceptive practices were used in the Steffek fake tea party scandal. Voters deserve to know what Professor Benson knew about or if she approved of the actions of her supporters and former staffer,” Miller said.

The Michigan Republican Party hired Speckin Forensic Laboratories after Oakland County Clerk Ruth Johnson uncovered suspected forgery in August and a “supposed” candidate who did not even know they were a candidate and currently lives out of state.
-------------------------------------

An extensive article appeared in the Detroit Free Press in September revealing connections between Benson’s former Director of Operations Mike McGuinness, supporter Jason Bauer, the Steffek fake tea party and the Benson campaign.

To clarify: Jocelyn Benson is a democrat.

Pa. Democrat admits helping Tea Party candidate - The Hill's Ballot Box

A Pennsylvania Democratic House candidate on Tuesday admitted to helping a third candidate get on the ballot in the hopes he would siphon votes away from his Republican opponent.

Bryan Lentz, the Democratic nominee running for the seat being vacated by Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.), said he knew that volunteers from his campaign helped Tea Party candidate Jim Schneller.
-------------------------------------------

Republicans have accused Democrats of helping set up Tea Party candidates as spoilers in several House and Senate races around the country.

And why are 100% of "Tea Party" candidates running as R?

The TP is not a political party - it is a political movement that is just over 1 year old.

The primary ideals propelling this movement are much closer to R values than D values and accordingly TP based candidates found a home in R primaries rather than D primaries. By becoming an R candidate they can get funding from the R party whereas running as true 3rd parties would cause both a funding gap and likely result in D wins.

Why they have been successful is that they are also drawing Independents and fiscally conservative Ds.

Perhaps the TP will become it's own political party one day or maybe it will exert enough influence on the R party to transform it more in the TP image.

They will not seek a home in the D party since many Ds would rather demonize them and call them racists than take a policy stance against them.

Your point?

The full flower of the information age may provide the access to overcome the barriers instituted by the establishment elitists of both parties to preserve their own rank and privilege. (Which is probably why they, in particular Obama and libs, are so intent on regulating the internet). That is a big reason the elites hate and demean the TP. It is a genuine "American" populist movement that would take power away from them and restore it to the people. They are open to demonization because with the power comes the responsibility... and too many have been duped into believing it is better to trust the nanny state.

FTR, both parties were Progressive (aka, liberal) when most of these inhibitors were imposed. IIRC, there were at least 6 different parties that won the presidency in the 1800's. There have been two since 1900.

ALL CONCENTRATIONS OF POWER ARE A THREAT TO THE RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES OF THE PEOPLE- GOV'T, RELIGION, BUSINESS, MEDIA, EDUCATION. All of these must be kept in check.

Unfortunately, Progressives have successfully employed the tactic of buying votes with tax dollars for about 100 years now... Progressives of both parties.

The Dems had no issues touting Obama's 'Hope and Change' mantra especially with the independents and R's that jumped on board his bandwagon. Obama kept saying his 'movement' was above partisan identification. He claimed his movement included R's, I's, D's, etc. Within a year that collapsed and the flipside formed but some liberals just cannot come to grips with that.

The difference CS is that many in the TP (who reflect many more like myself) do not trust either party. Dems have seized on that to try to drive a wedge between the TP and GOP (with little success so far).

The elites of both parties fear and despise any group that is characterized by thinking independently and individually rather than just blindly following a party line.

No difference....just wanting to tap into the "I'm tired of both parties" crowd. SOS with new name is all.

I disagree on hating both parties. I think they agree with the GOP in principle, thus the candidates all running on that side. I think they are an anti-establishment group who feel the leadership or establishment is a core part of the problems we face.

Some of the 'establishment' GOP consultants we work with are scared and/or annoyed by the TP movement. Look at the Rove comments. Look at Obama's comments. It all comes down to elitists disgruntled that the populist movement has gained so much traction.

It is the "lizard brain" reacting to a threatening environment. When confronted by change and hard times, most Americans resort to irrationality and bigotry while ignoring fact and science. During such times it is more important than ever for the "enlightened few" to take charge and do what is in the "best interests" of the emotional, irrational masses.

My take:

The Tea Party is a coalition of groups with conservative agendas. Like any such coalition, each group within it shares some, but necessarily all, of the goals and values of the others.

A portion of the Tea Party cares only about fiscal responsibility and are otherwise social policy liberals. A certain portion care only about very conservative social policy. The largest group within the TP combines a desire for less government spending, particularly on programs benefitting minorities, and they also promote conservative social policy based on religious values.

They run as Republicans because a lot of 0republicans feel that their own leadership has abandoned their principles. And, even if they don't have a per se candidate of their own in a given race, the Tea Party wing within the GOP will make it clear to the traditional Republican that their support is contingent on that candidate sticking to TP values if elected.

The Tea Party demands rigid compliance with their platform. Negotiating with Democrats is a sign of weakness and disloyalty.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The vast majority of TP's want less spending and smaller government. LG's absurd and backhanded accusation of racism (which has been repeated over and over) is a product of the leftist drivel, the left has been on a very concentrated campaign since people began taking notice in order to label them the second coming of the KKK.

This is the way the game of politics is played on both sides and comes as no surprise but LG's constant criticism of spin doctors from the right coupled with his inability to identify the same from the left is both humorous and concerning at the same time. The amount of racists or bigots in the TP is no more or less prevalent than racists and bigots who identify with either political party.

There is definitely a racial element to it, but that doesn't mean it is based in racial animosity. Because blacks make up a disproportionate share of the poor in this country means that they also use a disproportionate share of social spending benefits.

While I have no doubt that some have made the assumption that they do so because they are black, the vast majority of the people I am talking about within the TP use race as a proxy simply for what they perceive to be users of the system who don't contribute.

Being dark skinned is a proxy for many that a person is uneducated, lazy, and living off of the hard work of others. Doesn't make them racists, necessarily, though certainly some are. Its more a class warfare issue than a race issue.

now that i know i'm a racist i feel very very sad. thank you LG for enlightening me. I've also learned i'm afraid of america changing.

The vast majority of TP's want less spending and smaller government. LG's absurd and backhanded accusation of racism (which has been repeated over and over) is a product of the leftist drivel, the left has been on a very concentrated campaign since people began taking notice in order to label them the second coming of the KKK.

This is the way the game of politics is played on both sides and comes as no surprise but LG's constant criticism of spin doctors from the right coupled with his inability to identify the same from the left is both humorous and concerning at the same time. The amount of racists or bigots in the TP is no more or less prevalent than racists and bigots who identify with either political party.

libs like gator have to make the racist excuse, that's they have. If you want to see a racist group, the democratic party is the racist party. they kept blacks down with slavery back then, and today they use welfare. it is they're party who started abortion against blacks during the 1800's and are using it today.

So not liking when lower class white trash abuse the system makes me racist?

:swoon3:

That was a very telling comment. If you are honest with yourself and think about how you view black people in the context of your statement, I think you will see what I am talking about.

I am not surprised that others dismiss the observation by simply calling it race baiting. The notion that they make assumptions about blacks because of their, as I say, disproportionate association with being lower class, is either too complicated for them or hits a little too close to home.

VN Store

Back