Interesting quote from Tauren Poole....

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
RB Tauren Poole on if Vols are Simms' team: "I think so. I don’t know what coaches have in store. Whatever they do, that’s their business."-Wes Rucker

Um, maybe I"m reading too much into this, but shouldn't the QB situation be everyone's business? I just thought this was a weird quote. I don't know, maybe he just phrased it weird. But I thought it was really interesting quote.

That's fair enough. I think he was just saying that it is Dooley's decision and their job is just to play.

Why does everyone think this is Simms team? He is an average QB that acts like he scored the GW TD everytime he throws a pass.

Talent wise I think Bray is better. IF Bray can have the attitude Simms has with his talent he will be one helluva QB1
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Why does everyone think this is Simms team? He is an average QB that acts like he scored the GW TD everytime he throws a pass.

Talent wise I think Bray is better. IF Bray can have the attitude Simms has with his talent he will be one helluva QB1

I disagree, Simms is obviously the better QB. I think the problem is that Chaney has too much confidence in him, and over complicates the offense. When Bray came in, he was playing against a 'prevent' defense, and the offense was simplified.

Poole is doing the right thing here.....his ball is to run the dang ball...not worry about the Qb is or question what the coaches are doing.

Poole is a class act.

I disagree, Simms is obviously the better QB. I think the problem is that Chaney has too much confidence in him, and over complicates the offense. When Bray came in, he was playing against a 'prevent' defense, and the offense was simplified.

Wrong.

1) In a tough season, the back-up QB is always the most popular player on the team.
2) Bray did really well... in garbage time, down 27 points in the 4th quarter.

I don't mean to sound so against Bray, because there's no doubt that he'll be a great QB for us. But we all know that Simms isn't the problem; it's the O-line. I've seen Simms get sacked a lot, but one thing I've not noticed here on VN is the credit for avoiding a lot of sacks. I saw several against both LSU and UGA.

No offense, man, but you usually only see the Prevent when the losing team has a legitimate chance to win the game with long-balls. Not when you're down four scores with six minutes left.

This is a hard question to ask a player. His response is in line with not downing Sims and leaving the door open for the coaches to do what's best for the team. That is the type of question, depending on the response, that can quickly divide a team.

Interesting.

Any info out there on how Gerald Jones feels about the situation? Have always valued his opinion.

RB Tauren Poole on if Vols are Simms' team: "I think so. I don’t know what coaches have in store. Whatever they do, that’s their business."-Wes Rucker

Um, maybe I"m reading too much into this, but shouldn't the QB situation be everyone's business? I just thought this was a weird quote. I don't know, maybe he just phrased it weird. But I thought it was really interesting quote.

I think everyone is reading too much into this whole QB situation.

We have a true freshman QB that the staff is taking through a process.

He played against UT-Martin and had some struggles, not great one's but struggled.

Staff continued to coach him up and his next opportunity came in the Georgia game.

He had some successes, not great one's but some successes. Results of being coached up.

Now Dooley is saying he is ready to for the next "process step" and he hopes to move him into that against Bama. Not a certainty by the way and Dooley said that.

That step is getting Bray in a game with the game outcome still on the line and see how he handles that. Simms is still the quarterback, per Dooley. This is just the next step for Bray.

People are trying to make this a lot more than it is, IMO.

No offense, man, but you usually only see the Prevent when the losing team has a legitimate chance to win the game with long-balls. Not when you're down four scores with six minutes left.

It may have not been prevent but they were runnnng a base D & wasn't blitzing at all.

Agree!! We are 2-4 and could very well be 4-2 right now, time for a change!! IMO it would be better for Brays confidence if he starts vs coming in off the bench.

I think everyone is reading too much into this whole QB situation.

We have a true freshman QB that the staff is taking through a process.

He played against UT-Martin and had some struggles, not great one's but struggled.

Staff continued to coach him up and his next opportunity came in the Georgia game.

He had some successes, not great one's but some successes. Results of being coached up.

Now Dooley is saying he is ready to for the next "process step" and he hopes to move him into that against Bama. Not a certainty by the way and Dooley said that.

That step is getting Bray in a game with the game outcome still on the line and see how he handles that. Simms is still the quarterback, per Dooley. This is just the next step for Bray.

People are trying to make this a lot more than it is, IMO.

I agree, absolutely.
It's just that anytime a losing team makes any move regarding the QB position, there's automatically a controversy.
I really do think that we're making a mountain out of a mow-hill, but with the comments that Jones has made, coupled with the hearsay of a divided team, it's enough to think about.

Personally, I just disagree with the timing. I'm not sure if I'd get Bray early PT against Bama, mid-season, in the midst of the toughest part of the schedule. I'm anxious to see what Bray would do, but I'd rather see him start against Kentucky or Ole Miss. But that's the coaching staff's decision to make.

VN Store

Back