'11 GA WR Vincent Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
"UT commit Vincent Dallas said some Florida players told him they wish they hadn’t chosen UF."

- Josh Ward, Twitter
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I saw that tweet too, but he has since deleted the tweet. :detective:

Last edited:
I think Dallas is a good pickup but he needs to tell the truth about what happened on the visit......please kid tell the truth

Vincent Dallas said some Florida players told him they wish they hadn’t chosen UF.

Vincent Dallas: "They were just saying they aren't happy and they don’t think Florida is the right place for them."

I'm no guru but it's pretty obvious to me what Dooley is doing. He has to build a base of players. He's going after the best he can get that are going to make it in. We need bodies. That's glaringly obvious. He cant take a big risk on a lot if guys who dont end up making it in. He doesn't love 3 stars and 3 stars aren't all that he can recruit. The weeks before NSD show that. He also has his own way of evaluating players and not just star gazing. Once he gets a good base in he can take more risks.

:clapping::clapping::yes::yes:

VD said something about recruiting other players. He said he was on a JUCO CB Darius _____, I didn't catch the last name.

No more interviews until january so please don't ask and to the florida people that was not a true statement about florida i really really didn't like how the reporter did me today
TRUE VOL
- Vincent Dallas

Me neither. I hadn't seen it reported anywhere else, so I am kind of assuming it was Ward.

I am pretty sure that was Josh Ward who took that misquote and ran with it...

Pretty silly journalism.

I am pretty sure that was Josh Ward who took that misquote and ran with it...

Pretty silly journalism.

I wouldn't automatically assume this is Ward's gaffe. Ward is out of a job if he starts making up stories. Not to mention this is hardly a stop-the-presses kind of story, worth the dishonesty.

If this is actually in reference to Ward, he probably got him to say something he didn't mean to say, or he assumed it was off the record. Any way you slice it, a learning experience for an 18 year old kid. Be careful what you say and to whom you say it.

"UT commit Vincent Dallas said some Florida players told him they wish they hadn’t chosen UF."

- Josh Ward, Twitter

To follow up on this:
Recruiting | MrSEC.com

Florida Players Tell Prospect They’re Unhappy In Gainesville

October 18th, 2010 ║ Posted By: Josh Ward

Florida didn’t make its best sales pitch to Vincent Dallas when he took his official visit to Gainesville on Oct. 9.

The athlete from Cedar Grove High School in Ellenwood, Ga., committed to Tennessee over Florida on Friday.

It appears Dallas’ trip to Florida helped solidify UT as his top school. Dallas said he asked several of the younger Florida players if they were happy with their decision to attend Florida. The reports weren’t positive.

“They were just saying they aren’t happy and they don’t think Florida is the right place for them,” Dallas said.

Dallas took two unofficial trips to UT during the summer but hasn’t visited officially. He plans to do so in December.

Dallas said he didn’t need to visit UT again to decide he preferred the Vols over Florida.

“I had a good time down in Florida, but I couldn’t really enjoy myself,” he said. “All I could think about was Tennessee.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back