Chris Rainey back on field for Florida

That just sounds stupid to me. :ermm:

Considering we rarely agree, I must be making sense.

Meyer said from day one he wouldn't tolerate players being violent towards women, and it's been reported that he goes so far as to interview all of the female teachers of big-time recruits he targets. Meyer comes off like the two-faced liar many accuse him of being by letting Rainey back on the team. Seeing as how Rainey didn't actually carry through on his threat, I guess Meyer has some wiggle room.

If you want to take the selfish "what can Rainey do for us" approach, I don't see how this UF team is any different with or without him. Other than blocking a punt here or there, he really adds nothing to UF's offense. The next big play he makes against real competition in a big game will be his first (this doesn't include an overmatched FSU team the past two years) and his downfield blocking is downright horrible. I'd rather give Debose or Clark his reps.

Not that any of this matters as long as Addazio is our OC.

Considering we rarely agree, I must be making sense.

Meyer said from day one he wouldn't tolerate players being violent towards women, and it's been reported that he goes so far as to interview all of the female teachers of big-time recruits he targets. Meyer comes off like the two-faced liar many accuse him of being by letting Rainey back on the team. Seeing as how Rainey didn't actually carry through on his threat, I guess Meyer has some wiggle room.

If you want to take the selfish "what can Rainey do for us" approach, I don't see how this UF team is any different with or without him. Other than blocking a punt here or there, he really adds nothing to UF's offense. The next big play he makes against real competition in a big game will be his first (this doesn't include an overmatched FSU team the past two years) and his downfield blocking is downright horrible. I'd rather give Debose or Clark his reps.

Not that any of this matters as long as Addazio is our OC.

Sending text messages is "violent"?

By the way, I don't care what he can or can't do for the team. He's a college student without parents who's only outlet in life is football. Being booted from the team because of a text message is flat out retarded.

Sending text messages is "violent"?

By the way, I don't care what he can or can't do for the team. He's a college student without parents who's only outlet in life is football. Being booted from the team because of a text message is flat out retarded.

Retarded is sending death threats via text message when you have no parents, and football is your only shot at getting an education, and an outside chance at making the NFL.

Retarded is making excuses for a 20 year-old kid who should know better.

Last edited:
Retarded is sending death threats via text message when you have no parents, and football is your only shot at getting an education, and an outside chance at making the NFL.

Retarded mistakes are something a ton of kids make. Condemning this one so you can feel better on saturday's when wearing your Florida Gators t-shirt is, well, retarded.

There was literally no harm done. The entire situation was blow out of proportion.

Retarded mistakes are something a ton of kids make. Condemning this one so you can feel better on saturday's when wearing your Florida Gators t-shirt is, well, retarded.

There was literally no harm done. The entire situation was blow out of proportion.

Actually I condemn them all, considering I'm an alum who's donated MUCH more than $18 to UF for a Nike t-shirt so I can "feel good" about my alma mater. I'm guessing you didn't actually graduate from Florida, or Oregon, or whatever bandwagon has some space left.

Meyer's so-called stance on violence against women rings hollow.

Last edited:

These are the types of things that can get you charges in ordinary circumstances. People who work with victims and perpetrators of violence will tell you it almost always starts with things such as this and escalates.

I sincerely hope the kid has learned a lesson and keeps his emotions in check. The plain and simple fact is that Meyer comes off as all talk in this instance.

Actually I condemn them all, considering I'm an alum who's donated MUCH more than $18 to UF for a Nike t-shirt so I can "feel good" about my alma mater. I'm guessing you didn't actually graduate from Florida, or Oregon, or whatever bandwagon has some space left.

Meyer's so-called stance on violence against women rings hollow.

I haven't graduated yet genius.

And cry about it to someone else. He's on the team, and he's playing. May as well get over it now. :yes:

I haven't graduated yet genius.

And cry about it to someone else. He's on the team, and he's playing. May as well get over it now. :yes:

Color me shocked you're still HS/college aged. :eek:lol:

You should stop by our tailgate near Little Hall this weekend.

Florida coach Urban Meyer, who let talented touchdown-maker Chris Rainey return to practice this week -- one month after Rainey threatened his girlfriend's life -- talks about players like family. They're his children. His sons. In real life, of course, Urban Meyer has a son of his own, and he has two daughters. And so, for a change, I want him to think about this:

Don't think of Chris Rainey as his son.

Think of Chris Rainey's girlfriend as his daughter.

Rainey pleaded guilty to misdemeanor stalking after sending the following text message to his girlfriend: "Time to Die B-tch."

Is Chris Rainey back at practice this week if he'd sent that to Meyer's daughter?

We'll never know, and good for that. I don't wish ill will on Meyer or his family, but I do wish the single most visible man at Florida -- my alma mater, if you didn't know -- would stop embarrassing UF grads like me who wonder why he's considered such a strong leader when in reality he's weak. Soft. Pathetic.

Meyer shows true core values by reinstating Rainey - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com

Two Fla. fans gator chomping each other. I think you should both go ask LG and get his expert legal opinion.:neener2:

:eek:lol: @ Rainey being described as a "talented touchdown maker"

Everything else in that article I agree 100% with.

Last edited:
Typical, and unoriginal. I expected better.

When someone your age disagrees with someone my age over something you don't have an appreciation for or a clue about (parenthood), it's all the validation I need. :)

Keep living son....it will all make sense one day.

Two Fla. fans gator chomping each other. I think you should both go ask LG and get his expert legal opinion.:neener2:

Here is my opinion:

1) Rainey entered into a deferred prosecution program. While I haven't bothered searching for the details, this no doubt involves a lot of counseling and anger management type of classes.

2) Meyer spoke to a number of professionals in the area and discussed options with them.

3) The girl was talked to and asked for her input (not by Meyer, directly) and she advised she had no concerns.

4) Meyer trusted his own impression that Rainey is not a violent person but is prone to speaking without thinking about what he's saying.

5) In the end, the alternative is to toss the kid to the side of the road for one mistake. A big mistake, yes, but is it the kind of thing that, at his age, should result in him losing the kind of opportunity he has at UF?

While I agree with those who say that Meyer has generally been too lax with players in certain situations (and I speak in particular of gun offenses, which I view as much worse than this), on this particular occasion if the prosecutors, the professionals, and the victim all agree that he deserves an opportunity to try again, then I support that.

Here is my opinion:

1) Rainey entered into a deferred prosecution program. While I haven't bothered searching for the details, this no doubt involves a lot of counseling and anger management type of classes.

2) Meyer spoke to a number of professionals in the area and discussed options with them.

3) The girl was talked to and asked for her input (not by Meyer, directly) and she advised she had no concerns.

4) Meyer trusted his own impression that Rainey is not a violent person but is prone to speaking without thinking about what he's saying.

5) In the end, the alternative is to toss the kid to the side of the road for one mistake. A big mistake, yes, but is it the kind of thing that, at his age, should result in him losing the kind of opportunity he has at UF?

While I agree with those who say that Meyer has generally been too lax with players in certain situations (and I speak in particular of gun offenses, which I view as much worse than this), on this particular occasion if the prosecutors, the professionals, and the victim all agree that he deserves an opportunity to try again, then I support that.

Is that completed at this point?

If not, would it make more sense to allow this to be completed then evaluate his condition if that is the true worry.

Is that completed at this point?

If not, would it make more sense to allow this to be completed then evaluate his condition if that is the true worry.

Doubt it. Such things usually last 6 months to a year, I believe.

But to wait on that effectively means he's off the team. He was off the team for a few games and is not returining for the MSU game this weekend, IIRC.

Like I say, weighed against just ruining his life over it I can see giving him a second chance with a short leash. In fact, doing that arguably gives him quite the incentive to addres this problem and might well help him avoid a true disaster 20 years from now.

Doubt it. Such things usually last 6 months to a year, I believe.

But to wait on that effectively means he's off the team. He was off the team for a few games and is not returining for the MSU game this weekend, IIRC.

Like I say, weighed against just ruining his life over it I can see giving him a second chance with a short leash. In fact, doing that arguably gives him quite the incentive to addres this problem and might well help him avoid a true disaster 20 years from now.

Im not sure it would, if it got the point across that this is not condoned in "life" much less in a football program.

IMO you can do worst by him, bring him back too early as too late.

Im not suggesting kicking him off the team. But I understand the stance of this being a little early.

...Like I say, weighed against just ruining his life over it I can see giving him a second chance with a short leash. In fact, doing that arguably gives him quite the incentive to addres this problem and might well help him avoid a true disaster 20 years from now.

Not playing football for UF would ruin his life?

How much of your post was your opinion about what has/is taken/taking place and how much was fact?

VN Store

Back