Lester Wilson

AGVOL

I'm hearing rumors that Coach Pearl will be at the Carter vs. Sullivan East sub-state game tonight to see Lester Wilson play. Does anybody have any info on this kid? I know he's a finalist for AA Mr. Basketball but other than that I haven't heard very much about him.

Kids sick played on my highschool rocky top league team he works 24/7 never leaves the gym and i think he should have gotten a scholarship i think he is 10 times better than Jalen Steele of Fulton.....

Kids sick played on my highschool rocky top league team he works 24/7 never leaves the gym and i think he should have gotten a scholarship i think he is 10 times better than Jalen Steele of Fulton.....
Lester is still a Junior, so he has time for offers to come in.

He may be a better athlete and rebounder than Jalen, but Jalen has a more complete game right now with his ball handling and shooting. Both are good defensively, Lester more with his pure athleticism and Jalen with his quickness and instincts.

If Lester can handle the ball well enough to be a 2 or 3 he can be a great colleg player somewhere.

Lester is still a Junior, so he has time for offers to come in.

He may be a better athlete and rebounder than Jalen, but Jalen has a more complete game right now with his ball handling and shooting. Both are good defensively, Lester more with his pure athleticism and Jalen with his quickness and instincts.

If Lester can handle the ball well enough to be a 2 or 3 he can be a great colleg player somewhere.

Agreed. If Lester learns to handle the ball, look out. His leaping ability and quickness are amazing

I think there's already been a discussion on this a few weeks ago but anyway i'll say it again. I played with lester in middle school at carter but went to gibbs for high school. The thing is he has great raw ability. You cant teach a kid to dunk in seventh grade which he did constantly. IMO he has great upside but realistically, he is 6' 4", 6' 5" ish but plays like a PF. Im not sayin he couldn't be taught but lester cant shoot consistently from outside and doesn't really have a handle. I mean i've seen undersized guys with big hearts succeed in college, a la Dane Bradshaw but i dont see why he is thought to be highly sought after. Plus he's playin in a region where the competition isn't great so idk. Im a big fan of his and I hope he succeeds but I guess time will only tell.

I was at the game tonight and didn't see Pearl there. I wasn't really looking for him, but I never saw anybody that looked like a scout there. I might've just missed him so TIFWIW

I was at the game as well. I did not see Bruce Pearl and this kid did not play like Tennessee material. The 5'8 sophomore point guard played better than Wilson.

I was at the game as well. I did not see Bruce Pearl and this kid did not play like Tennessee material. The 5'8 sophomore point guard played better than Wilson.

My informants were wrong, what a surprise lol. But yeah I was not impressed with the kid at all, he had a horrible attitude and played very lazy on offense. I saw Murry Bartow from ETSU. He was the only coach I saw and alot of people there were saying he showed up to watch Jordan Cross from Sullivan East.

Committed to ETSU, per Jesse Smithey.

I know the AD at Carter very well and he told me he was going to ETSU a few weeks ago. I actually had inside info (for once) and didn't even think to post it!

I hear he is a really good guy as well.

Having a solid season so far for the Bucs. He'd definitely be getting solid playing time for us this year.

Kid is a baller as a redshirt freshman. He can shot pretty well. A lot better then he could in high school.

VN Store

Back