Oregon crowd nice,but a strange looking bunch in general

Smokeybluetick

It's always interesting to see the fanbases from the different OOC schools we play. Oregon's crowd,while friendly and respectful were the strangest looking bunch of fans I've ever seen in Knoxville. Lots of unshaven,scruffy looking folks. Not the healthy fitness nuts (aka colorado) I expected. Of course their colors (puke green and pee yellow) and the endless combination of said colors added to the look. Good football team and friendly,albeit strange looking fanbase.

:)

I think i saw a couple attractive girls from oregon, they were nice fans. too bad the weather was bad.

I'm sure the people from Oregon saw a couple suspect characters from down here.

Hopefully, none of them made a wrong turn and ended up in Sneedville.

I think i saw a couple attractive girls from oregon, they were nice fans. too bad the weather was bad.

Yeah I definately saw some nice looking women from Oregon. In regards to the OP, it takes money and time to make that trip and usually it's the older fan base that have that have both. Not as easy for large groups of students to hop in a car and make a weekend out of it like you see in typical conference games.

Everyone I talked to was normal and friendly.

Aside from the VOL fan next to me that didn't cheer or clap or anything the entire time we were winning and then when things went bad starting running his fat trap in that sarcastic tone. You know the type? The ones that clap and laugh when bad things happen.

The Duck fans I spoke with were very knowledgeable about football in general, respectful, friendly, aware of and appreciative of southern hospitality, and very complimentary of our coaching staff and fans. (And this was before they won big.)

I was thinking the same thing as the OP while I was there lol. Of course they were probably thinking about the rednecks that are inevitable at any given game.

I hope none of them saw the two moron UT fans run into each other in the parking garage. I just *face palmed*.

Scruffy and unshaven? Was the game in E. Tn with hunting season just around the corner? Seriously? The duck fans I saw were pretty normal looking folks who just happened to be dressed in green. Gotta tell ya....I saw more than a few good looking oregon gals walking around and the duck cheerleaders are even more impressive close up. Nothing strange about 'em....at all.

I saw a group of our fans going into a commercial break and they all had a huge dip of snuff in their mouths. We need to incorporate a banjo into our band, then we would be the PRIDE of the southland band!
:crazy::post-4-1090547957::number1:

I saw a group of our fans going into a commercial break and they all had a huge dip of snuff in their mouths. We need to incorporate a banjo into our band, then we would be the PRIDE of the southland band!
:crazy::post-4-1090547957::number1:

Well dangit, I can't smoke in the stadium so I bring some grizzly to get me through lol. I have seen some people just spit on the ground which gets to me. I use a cup and stay as sanitary as possible with it.

met a bunch and they were no different than every other team. Met one guy who had flown down from Alaska to meet his friends for their one away game every year which was pretty cool.

and if you were in the UT bookstore before the game you know they were really buying up some UT gear. Most said they were taking it back to their kids who had asked for something orange.

Last edited:

I don't know where you saw any attractive Oregon girls. I didn't see a single attractive female wearing Oregon gear. They all looked a little earthy to me or else they just weren't that good looking. I think that also just shows a lot about the South vs. the Northwest. We win every battle when it comes to girls.

Did anyone see the Oregon fans with shirts that said "We hate Lane Kiffin too"?

yep they had a parking pass and were a few cars down from us.

I also bought a shirt that said "SOlidariTy- We hate Kiffin too" because I thought it was funny (and had been drinking)

I got a picture of one at Calhoun's before the game. All of the Oregon fans I met were really pretty nice - even after the game. There were some nice looking Duck women at the Holiday Inn.

I'm pretty sure it was good, every oregon fan I talk to was amazed about how many attractive female fans we have. That's all they talked about. I couldn't agree more.

i lived in the northwest in the early 90's, no joke the women left a lot to be desired. not good looking at all, not at all.

My car battery died and a duck fan jumped me off, so I thought they were very nice.

They probably felt sorry for you, especially after beating the crap out of us. :birgits_giggle:
Actually, they were very nice people. After the game was over you would have never even known they won, unlike some other SEC fans that I know of - like the ones coming this weekend.:realmad:

Last edited:
They probably felt sorry for you, especially after beating the crap out of us. :birgits_giggle:
Actually, they were very nice people. After the game was over you would have never even known they won, unlike some other SEC fans that I know of - like the ones coming this weekend.:realmad:

In my personal experiences LSU fans are worse than UF fans. Good lord, that '06 game left bad tastes in my mouth not only from the heart breaking loss ,but the fans were horrible as well. Sitting in the upper deck under the LSU section wasn't very pleasant. When they scored a wall of garbage drinks and trash went over our heads onto the fans down below us. (the one time I was glad we had pretty high seats)

VN Store

Back