'11 MI WR DeAnthony Arnett - UT Commit

Thanks. I really do appreciate the hospitality I get here on VolNation too.

Rivalries can be fierce without all the petty hatin'. And they're a lot more enjoyable without that, IMO. Once upon a time, the Vols-Tide rivalry was one of great mutual respect -- respect that was as great as the intensity of the rivalry and the games -- because both programs were so strong and run with class and character.

The games were smash mouth at the highest level. :rock:

Coach Bryant had a great deal of respect for General Neyland and what he had built Tennessee's football program into. He used to say to his players "You'll find out what you're made of when we play Tennessee."

The respect back then wasn't just between the UA & UT coaches and their teams, but most UA & UT fans (at least most of the ones I knew and encountered) used to feel that way too. It'd be great to see our rivary head back in that direction.

That's a big reason why I'd like to see Coach Dooley succeed at getting UT's FB program back to its rightful place of competing for championships again. He seems to be first class. Y'all might be surprised how many Bama fans there are who feel the same way I do.

You're good people, TS. I enjoy your posts.

Yeah, it's hard to fault anyone for supporting their coach, even if they may not like everything he does. Bad hires happen. Lord knows Bama's made a few in-between Bryant, Stallings and Saban. I think Dooley is a good fit for UT and has the right core values, intelligence, expertise and leadership qualities to fully succeed in bringing UT "back," but it'll likely take four seasons to get all the way there. I think it would really be worth it for the fans and UT administration to give him the time and wholehearted support, because Dooley strikes me as one who just might be content to stay at UT for his entire HC career.

but I like it when Bama makes bad hires.:)

he was prob double and triple teamed. Im not sure though but wouldnt be shocking depending if his team had any other weapons

Shouldn't matter... most elite HS WRs get double and triple teamed. Those are weak stats for a kid that's supposed to be one of the best this year.

.... But I'll have to go back and look at the film.

Shouldn't matter... most elite HS WRs get double and triple teamed. Those are weak stats for a kid that's supposed to be one of the best this year.

Well I guess his QB could totally blow but still 17 yards?

Is that you Phil?

Just kidding....
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It was the perfect storm. He just needs to work like heck and hope for a little magic dust.

On the other side of the ball, Dow's defense was typically dominant, limiting the Trojans to 164 yards of total offense and stymieing highly-touted senior receiver DeAnthony Arnett.

from Midlands newspaper

Saginaw High hosted Midland Dow and wow, that was a rough game for DeAnthony Arnett and the Trojans. Dow held the Trojans back with a tough defense and smothered star Arnett to only 17-yards and 4-receptions on the night.

Another local blog from Saginaw

Now, Im sure he was double and triple teamed but I was told that the other top Michigan WR whose committed to University of Michigan looked much more solid, than Arnett did this past week.

Future U.S. Army All-American receiver DeAnthony Arnett (Saginaw, Mich.), has scheduled four official visits, his older brother Ralph Arnett tells 247sports.com.

The elder Arnett said his brother will take trips to USC, Oklahoma, California and Tennessee, but he wasn't sure of the exact dates. He added that Iowa and Michigan State remain under heavy consideration, and that one other program could find its way into the mix.

The 6-foot, 170-pound Arnett plans to have a college decision made before Christmas.

As a junior, Arnett caught 41 passes for 875 yards and 10 touchdowns. Besides his favorites, he also held scholarship offers from the likes of Alabama, Michigan, Nebraska, Stanford and UCLA.

Not outrageous stats by any means. I expected a lot better. He is obviously worth it though with his offer list. Watched some video, too, he can play.

Visiting Saturday for the Oregon game. It will be an Unofficial. His official to Tennessee will be in November.

Last edited:
Coach Bagget will be at Arnetts game on Friday night then Arnett will be in Knoxville for a unofficial visit against Oregon.

Coach Bagget will be at Arnetts game on Friday night then Arnett will be in Knoxville for a unofficial visit against Oregon.

Interesting. Although I am sure Coach Baggett will take the Friday evening flight back to K-town and Arnett a morning flight, I guess there is a chance they fly down together... :dance:

Is there anyway they would fly back on the same plane? If they did that would be nice.

"Every time I go down there I get to know their great coaches," Arnett said. "They have stayed in contact with me and they have been real with me. They told me they wouldn't redshirt me and that I'd step in and compete. All coaches are going to tell you the same thing, but I appreciate the fact that they tell me I have to come in and work for it."

On the Oregon game..
"I expect it to be a good game," Arnett said. "I think it will be a real competitive game. I want to see if the defense can hold up and on offense see how they get the ball to their playmakers. I'm sure it will be a great atmosphere."

VQ

Last edited:

VN Store

Back