New text messaging system in Neyland?

ballervol12

From a personal cell phone, fans can text “Vols” (a space) the issue and location of the incident, including the section number, row and seat number, to 69050. The fan will then receive an automatic reply message acknowledging receipt of the message, or if there is insufficient information, will be asked for a more complete message. Stadium staff, security or emergency personnel will be alerted and respond to the site.

Fans can text requesting assistance for a variety of issues including, but not limited to, medical, security, fan disturbances, lost children and customer service issues. Standard text messaging rates will apply.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100823/SPORTS0601/100823019/1035

You think I can report the fat guy next to me who always takes up part of my seat? :p

Apparently, new for the season and will be first used on 9/4. TENNESSEE ATHLETICS TO USE FAN TEXT MESSAGING SYSTEM FOR 2010 SEASON

This should be interesting.

ESPN did a tv special about this system at Auburn. I think I'll like this, now that I have a son. I'm no down-in-front kind of a guy, but there's not reason for drunken spilling and cursing when children are in close proximity.

HEY!!! How does a guy get a COKE around here??

Send those vendors to this section! Its HOT!!

This could be a great way to get obnoxious visiting fans thrown out without having to get in a fight.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

every other school i've been too has it, SC has it to where you can txt messages and they display them on the screen during timeouts

Since AT&T's network never works right on gamedays, I don't see this being of any use to us that have their cell service.

I saw a special on alcohol at sporting events on Real Sport with Bryant Gumbel, and they were profiling Miami and how they have this system set up there, too. Basically, people could text things, and they would get thousands during every game, and then they have cameras set up everywhere and people can zoom in on the sections from the text and monitor what is going on and send security if necessary. I thought it was a great tool to have.

It's the same way with Verizon. I can't hardly get out. Guess there is so much bandwith or whatever being used in one spot makes it harder to get out.

It will be the dream of the guy behind you. He doesnt have to confront you, he just now has to send a text when he wants you to "sit down I can't see".. Isn't technology great. That stadium is is a step up from a church service at times now. I can't wait until the thousands of texts start flying. GO VOLS!!

I saw a special on alcohol at sporting events on Real Sport with Bryant Gumbel, and they were profiling Miami and how they have this system set up there, too. Basically, people could text things, and they would get thousands during every game, and then they have cameras set up everywhere and people can zoom in on the sections from the text and monitor what is going on and send security if necessary. I thought it was a great tool to have.
big-brother.jpg

When I attended Tennessee, the Daily Bacon (Beacon) once had an editorial article from some guy that said that it would be "cool" if the VOL fans came to the game dressed in all balck and sat in silence for the whole game. I guess that would probably freak the other team out, but still.....

ESPN did a tv special about this system at Auburn. I think I'll like this, now that I have a son. I'm no down-in-front kind of a guy, but there's not reason for drunken spilling and cursing when children are in close proximity.

I've never personally had an incident, but it annoys me when people bring little kids with them and then start telling people around them to watch their language. It's a public event. I know they say things on the loud speaker about no "excessive profanity" or whatever, but damn it if the 1st amendment is just wall art in the National Archives.

VN Store

Back