Chat Room

volswitten1

GO VOLS!!!
What would it take to get a chat room started here on Vol Nation? I know lots of threads are being used for groups of people to chat and argue. It would be great to just get on here and click on a thread and just to get good info instead of wadding in a lot of useless info. I provide a bunch myself. I love this site I just thought this would make it a little better.:)

Ya. I know other school websites have chat rooms. I remember getting on Kentucky's last year during the TN vs KY game so I could see their reactions to our 25th win ;)

I don't even bother with the game threads on here. 20 posts a minute and it's just a bunch of people wanting to hear themselves talk. Nobody actually reads what other people say. Just a bunch of people freaking out and repeating the same thing over and over again. If a touchdown is scored, 20 people post at the same time as if they are special. If there is a turnover, 20 more people saying the same thing.

I can do without the game threads for football games. Pointless.

I don't even bother with the game threads on here. 20 posts a minute and it's just a bunch of people wanting to hear themselves talk. Nobody actually reads what other people say. Just a bunch of people freaking out and repeating the same thing over and over again. If a touchdown is scored, 20 people post at the same time as if they are special. If there is a turnover, 20 more people saying the same thing.

And they do just fine without your participation.:good!:

i brought this up in a suggestion thread way back and someone mentioned that having a chat room during games would lower the sites post count. dont know if that is the actual reason but a chat room during games would be great.

I like other people's opinion on the game. But the only time I'm on VN is during halftime.

And they do just fine without your participation.:good!:

Fine by me. I actually prefer to watch the game. I'm not special... just a fan. I don't need to be cool and post

"touchdown"

"touchdown!"

"wooooo!"

"omg touchdown!"

"yeah!"

"more touchdowns!"

I have eyes.

i agree with The Orange Pearl. posts during games, dont get read. everybody just comments on what is happening. i live chat room would flow much better.

i brought this up in a suggestion thread way back and someone mentioned that having a chat room during games would lower the sites post count. dont know if that is the actual reason but a chat room during games would be great.

It would only lower it by the amount of posts in the game thread. I don't know why it's a big deal not to have a chat room ONLY during games. The game threads become Pub-esque post padding threads on the football forum. Most people also aren't going to read the whole thing or any of it, so I don't see what good it does really. There would probably be MUCH better interaction within a chat room on gamedays anyways. Turn it on about an hour before, and turn it off an hour afterward.

... and you don't think the chat room would move to fast? It would be even faster than the game threads.

It would only lower it by the amount of posts in the game thread. I don't know why it's a big deal not to have a chat room ONLY during games. The game threads become Pub-esque post padding threads on the football forum. Most people also aren't going to read the whole thing or any of it, so I don't see what good it does really. There would probably be MUCH better interaction within a chat room on gamedays anyways. Turn it on about an hour before, and turn it off an hour afterward.

there are dozens of threads and thousands of posts during a game that would be lost.

Some of you guys are not realizing the point of a message board

After most games the volnation website crashes from all the forum post.

no it doesn't but I guess happening once or twice means it happens most of the time

Cool story. So do we. What's the difference between 30 people writing touchdown on here at the same time than 90,000 people cheering and shouting that are at the game? nothing. It's celebration

Three games during football season (two that weren't televised here and one because of work), and several games during Basketball season, I was thankful for the "game threads".

there are dozens of threads and thousands of posts during a game that would be lost.

Some of you guys are not realizing the point of a message board

You know, if I thought the "content" of the board would be actually affected by doing it, I would be on your side. However, how many people actually sift through a 5,000 post thread, especially one that doesn't have much "content" in it??

Of course this is a message board, yet all those posts do nothing for the content of the board really. I know Freak's position on it, and you are mirroring it. So, I'll always disagree with that stance, but it's all good.

VN Store

Back