Top 100 High school football teams

Amazing a small school like Alcoa makes it. They are dominant though. And the head coach is from my hometown so that's pretty awesome.

go to UT now, but went to Camden County, GA in high school. They are #21 preseason, but I'd bet we could beat anyone in the country, have won 2 5-A state championships in a row.

anyways, it is good to see Alcoa at 89. Weird not seeing more Tennessee teams in the top 100

I don't think North Gwinnett is that good. They haven't even won a state championship before.

So this post got me thinking. I took a look at some of the states that typically produce a lot of talent. The list below are some of those big states and how many HS they have in the top 100. I think the list below just further proves that TN must recruit out of state in order to compete on the field. It is interesting that Alabama only has one HS in the top 100 though. Thoughts on Alabama recruiting? My take is that they have been so good under Saban that they can cherry pick their entire recruiting class from anywhere they want.

Florida - 12
Texas - 12
California - 11
Virginia - 5
Ohio - 5
Louisiana - 4
Georgia - 4
North Carolina - 3
Tennessee - 1

Two Oklahoma schools are on it. Those two teams make for the best rivalry in America
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I bet the Sims brothers at Abilene, Texas are legendssss wow.

EDIT!::: Cousins, not brothers. Herschel at Tailback, Ronnell at QB.

Amazing a small school like Alcoa makes it. They are dominant though. And the head coach is from my hometown so that's pretty awesome.

Alcoa has already beaten Farragut 6-1 (TDs) in a scrimmage this fall. They will be loaded again this year.

Surprised that none of the D2 powerhouses from TN are on there though.

VN Store

Back