The Offseason from Hell

volwarrior33

Since we lost to Va Tech, we've gone through everything bad imaginable. Though I'm not really too excited about the UTM game, I'm just excited to put this behind us. I didn't even read it all it was so long. Anyway, here it is, I saw it posted on TigerDroppings:

1/1-Tennessee S Eric Berry declares for NFL Draft
1/5-DB Brent Vinson dismissed from team by Head Coach Lane Kiffin
1/9-Graduate Assistant (and former Syracuse OC) Mitch Browning forgoes second year of being a Graduate Assistant to become Offensive Line Coach at Akron
1/12-Tennessee LB commitment Michael Taylor decommits and commits to Florida
1/12-Head Coach Lane Kiffin hired by Southern California
1/12-Defensive Coordinator Monte Kiffin, Recruiting Coordinator Ed Orgeron, and Offensive Line Coach James Cregg join Lane Kiffin at USC
1/12-Report: Ed Orgeron calls Tennessee's seven early enrollees from his new Los Angeles office to attempt to persuade them to enroll at USC
1/12-Tennessee DT commitment Brandon Willis decommits and enrolls at North Carolina
1/12-Tennessee DB commitment Ahmad Dixon decommits from Tennessee
1/13-Tennessee DL commitment Calvin Smith decommits from Tennessee
1/14-Texas Coach in Waiting Will Muschamp announces that he will remain at Texas after being contacted by Tennessee
1/14-Air Force Head Coach Troy Calhoun announces he'll stay at Air Force
1/15-Tennessee TE commitment Delvin Jones decommits from Tennessee
1/15-Duke Head Coach David Cutcliffe announces he'll stay at Duke after a breakdown in negotiations between Cutcliffe and Tennessee regarding Cutcliffe's possible staff
1/16-Tennessee Interim Head Coach Kippy Brown leaves Tennessee to coach the Wide Receivers for the Seattle Seahawks
1/16-Tennessee QB Coach David Reaves not retained by new Head Coach Derek Dooley
1/19-Tennessee CB Dennis Rogan declares for NFL Draft
1/20-Clemson Defensive Coordinator Kevin Steele announces he'll stay at Clemson after being contacted by Tennessee for Defensive Coordinator position
1/22-Tennessee DB Coach Willie Mack Garza leaves Tennessee to join Lane Kiffin at USC
1/29-Tennessee Strength and Conditioning Coach Aaron Ausmus leaves Tennessee to join Lane Kiffin at USC
2/3-Tennessee WR commitment decommits from Tennessee and signs with USC
2/3-Tennessee DL commitment JC Copeland decommits from Tennessee and signs with LSU
2/12-Tennessee recruiting intern Steve Rubio linked to major recruiting violations at Central Florida
3/18-Bryce Brown leaves football team, but remains enrolled
3/25-Freshman All-American OL Aaron Douglas asks for release from Tennessee
3/25-So. Aaron Douglas granted partial release from program
3/25-Starting So. LB Greg King injures leg in spring practice
4/8-Sr. Tennessee QB Nick Stephens leaves program
4/17-So. DB Darren Myles, Jr. arrested for disorderly conduct on night of Orange & White game
5/7-Aaron Douglas transfers to Western Arizona JUCO
5/4-Tennessee RFr. DB Naz Oliver tears his ACL; undergoes successful surgery to repair the damage
6/28-Jr. WR Todd Campbell announces he plans to leave the program
7/9-Two Tennessee football players (DaRick Rogers and Darren Myles, Jr.) arrested for involvement in campus bar fight
7/9-Tennessee Head Coach Derek Dooley announces DB Darren Myles, Jr. has been dismissed from the program and So. DT Marlon Walls and So. LB Greg King are indefinitely suspended
7/10-UT Compliance Office looks into Tennessee athletes' VIP status after comments from Bar Knoxville owners
7/21-Tennessee So. QB Nick Lamaison asks for and his denied his release from Tennessee
7/27-Tennessee RB Bryce Brown send Derek Dooley a message via text requesting he be released from his scholarship
7/30-Derek Dooley denies Bryce Brown's request to release him from his scholarship
8/5-Starting Sr. DE Ben Martin tears achilles; will redshirt 2010 season
8/6-Report: NCAA to investigate Tennessee for numerous violations committed during the Lane Kiffin era
8/8-Starting So. DT Marlon Walls reportedly tears achilles; will reportedly redshirt 2010 season

dam..and i thought ours were bad with the jacory surgery and the qb depth

We need to double check and make sure nothing was left out. Hell , let's tell our own problems or better yet make some up. I don't think it's bad enough. Did anyone have a violent case of diarrhea this offseason? Did anyone lose a family pet? Lose a cell phone or car keys. Come on let's hear it!

To play devil's advocate, we have had some good things happen also:

Derek Dooley is hired as Tennessee head foootball coach
Da'Rick Rogers 5 star receiver signs with UT
Justin Hunter 4 star receiver signs with UT
James Stone 4 star OL signs with UT
Rajion Neal 4 star RB signs with UT
Chuck Smith is hired to be d-line coach
Jim Chaney and Lance Thompson stay at UT
Lane Kiffin leaves Tennessee
DE Malik Jackson transfers to UT from USC
Justin Wilcox is hired as Defensive Coordinator
Peter Sirmon take graduate assistant spot
6 out of 7 Early enrollees stay at UT
UT signs 27 players

We need to double check and make sure nothing was left out. Hell , let's tell our own problems or better yet make some up. I don't think it's bad enough. Did anyone have a violent case of diarrhea this offseason? Did anyone lose a family pet? Lose a cell phone or car keys. Come on let's hear it!

Ingrown toenail.

VN Store

Back