Referee admits cheating for Steelers in Super Bowl

Where does the referee admit cheating? There's absolutely nothing in that article to imply that, other than he clearly regrets making some questionable calls.

"I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough," said the retired police officer and firefighter in San Jose, Calif., who became an NFL referee in 2001. "When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult."

Relax... I'm being facetious.

I'm quite calm, thank you. However, I will admit I find very little humor (at your attempt to be facetious) in accusing a ref of cheating for another team, and using an article as support for such claim, when the article never mentions the word "cheating" and the ref at least came forward and admitted he muffed some calls.

If you want to make fun of someone, perhaps the field umpire that blew the "foul ball" call the other night costing the Marlins a win over the Phillies. He won't even admit he made the wrong call after watching the replay which clearly shows the ball was fair! Now that's a joke. :eek:k:

I'm quite calm, thank you. However, I will admit I find very little humor (at your attempt to be facetious) in accusing a ref of cheating for another team, and using an article as support for such claim, when the article never mentions the word "cheating" and the ref at least came forward and admitted he muffed some calls.

If you want to make fun of someone, perhaps the field umpire that blew the "foul ball" call the other night costing the Marlins a win over the Phillies. He won't even admit he made the wrong call after watching the replay which clearly shows the ball was fair! Now that's a joke. :eek:k:

Yeah it is, that was total BS:banghead2:

VN Store

Back