'14 TN OL Akeem Cooperwood

kamoshika

It's way too early to get excited about a rising HS freshman, but this massive kid will be starting on the OL for Fulton HS this fall. Already 6-7 and 320 lbs, he'll almost certainly get bigger. FWIW, his mom is a UT employee.

Akeem received some pretty nice recognition last fall:
Congrats to Falcons Akeem Cooperwood (OL) & Xavier Hawkins (WR) for being selected to participate in the 2nd Annual Jr. Army All-American Game in San Antonio, TX. The game features 88 of the top middle school players in the Country! Players were from coast-to-coast including California, Florida & Texas. A total of 5 players were selected from Tennessee. Falcons were the only team in the state with two representatives in the game.
Knoxville Falcons - 7th & 8th Grade Football Website - (Knoxville, TN) - powered by LeagueLineup.com

Last edited:
Read about him in the KNS today. Kid is huge. I remember they had the little brother of I think Wiley-Gatewood when I was in school and he was like 6'7 320.

I'm surprised they let him play to be honest. 6'7 320 in 8th grade? I know when Jacquez Smith was in middle school they'd make him sit out if the game was decided because he would hurt people so easily, lol.

HOLY CRAP!! That is a BIG boy, get on 'em Dooley lock this kid up fast. I'm sure Tennessee will offer him as soon as they can. & with his mom being a UT employee he should be a Vol lock. Lol.

We have alot of great talent considering us & even claiming us as leaders for the next few recruiting classes. We should be getting some great talent to start competing.

Hopefully at 18, he will still be able to move. He may get too slow if he gets to big.

Hope he stays healthy and develops into a D1 prospect. Would love to see this kid grow into a sasquatch sized defensive lineman, like Too-Tall Jones.

That is absolutely unbelieveable. 6'7", 320lbs. and he is supposedly 14-15 years old!? Mind-boggling. Like 50 said, I hope he stays healthy. Being that big that young could go wrong in many ways.

What are they feeding that kid? Just glad I don't have to feed him. I have a normal sized teenage boy in the house. Teenage boys can put a hurtin on some groceries!

FWIW, the Knoxville News-Sentinel published a pic of Akeem and some of his neighbors in a June '08 piece, when he was 12. I wouldn't feel right posting the actual pic here given his age.

I do hope Akeem doesn't get too much bigger or he'll literally outgrow football; I'd love to see him stay healthy and have a future in the game.

FWIW, the Knoxville News-Sentinel published a pic of Akeem and some of his neighbors in a June '08 piece, when he was 12. I wouldn't feel right posting the actual pic here given his age.

I do hope Akeem doesn't get too much bigger or he'll literally outgrow football; I'd love to see him stay healthy and have a future in the game.

Doesn't look like he's all fat. Man...6'7, 320....people thought I was big as a freshman, 6'3, 250...My goodness, that's incredible. It's not impossible to think he'll be 6'10, 350...

Biggest left tackle ever? I hope he doesn't have broken down knees by his sophomore year of college
Posted via VolNation Mobile

at 6'7 320 as a 13 year old I'm more concerned about the kids health then him playing college ball... he could be 7'0 400 pounds by the time high schools up.

If he get any taller than 6'8", I don't think football is going to be his sport, which isn't unlikely. He could be a heavier Glen "Big Baby" Davis. If you're 6'9"+, playing football will be tough.

VN Store

Back