'11 PA RB Jameel Poteat

tennessee391

JAMEELPOTEAT7_15150.JPG

Running Back
Harrisburg (PA) Bishop McDevitt

Ht: 5-foot-11
Wt: 195 lbs
Class: 2011 (High School)

"I'm going to Pitt August 8th before their practice starts, and I want to get out to Tennessee. Then I'll try to get out to some games this fall."

We offered.

Rivals

that looks like the type of game face i wana see before the UF AND BAMA games. and well the rest to.

Running Back

Height: 5-foot-11
Weight: 195 pounds
Forty: 4.48 seconds

Claiming offers from Tennessee, Illinois, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Iowa, Connecticut, Duke, Temple, and Buffalo...hearing from Miami (FL), FSU, Oregon, Kansas, Georgia, Vanderbilt, and Northwestern.

Running Back

Height: 5-foot-11
Weight: 195 pounds
Forty: 4.48 seconds

Claiming offers from Tennessee, Illinois, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Iowa, Connecticut, Duke, Temple, and Buffalo...hearing from Miami (FL), FSU, Oregon, Kansas, Georgia, Vanderbilt, and Northwestern.

Any relation to Hank Poteat?

I've seen this kid play in person numerous times. He is a tremeandous athlete, but competition around this part of the state is not the greatest so it's hard to judge.

I've seen this kid play in person numerous times. He is a tremeandous athlete, but competition around this part of the state is not the greatest so it's hard to judge.

Well even if the competition isn't the greatest, he must be doing something right because is offer list is looking pretty good.

I have a buddy that lives up near Canton OH, and he mentioned this kid because he is Pitt and OSU fan. Says he is pretty good but wonders why PSU hasn't offered.

Poteat is a good-looking running back prospect from Harrisburg, Pa. Poteat, 5 feet 11 and 195 pounds, looks like a shifty runner with excellent vision and balance. He can cut on a dime and is dangerous in space. Although he's not the biggest back in the world, Poteat is tough between the tackles and runs hard downhill. He has a good combination of size and speed and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

I don't think he's a five-star prospect, but Poteat looks like a solid four-star prospect and a sure-fire guy for the Rivals100. He has rushed for close to 3,000 yards and 39 touchdowns over the past two seasons. Poteat has scholarship offers from Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Boston College, Maryland, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Connecticut, West Virginia, USC, Tennessee and others.
-Jamie Newberg

One of the country's top running back prospects, Jameel Poteat (Harrisburg, Pa./Bishop McDevitt), has narrowed his list of over 40 scholarship offers down to eight schools.

Pitt, Florida, Cincinnati, Iowa, Rutgers, Connecticut, Tennessee and Notre Dame are the schools still in the running for the star tailback's services.

"I narrowed it down and now I'm sleeping on it," Poteat said. "When I feel I've got it I'll pull the trigger [on a commitment]."

The 5-foot-11, 200-pounder rushed for 1,664 yards and scored 24 times, while leading Bishop McDevitt to a 12-1 record during his junior season.

Poteat is thinking about taking at least a few official visits and could do so even if he makes a commitment before the end of the summer.

"I might wake up and be ready to commit," Poteat said. "But I might take official visits. I'll just see how everything goes."
ESPN
This guy has over 40 offers from the biggest schools out there.

According to Rivals, he already has a UF offer. Whether it's commitable or not is debatable.
What's the deal with JP? Is he a speed back? With his size that's what I'm assuming.

Announcing tomorrow. It is believed he will pick from Pitt, Cincy and Rutgers. I'd bet on Pitt considering the high school he's from.

VN Store

Back