DOJ attorney resigns over Philly black panther voter intimidation case.

Who said he's peaceful?

Seems like a nut to me.

Doubt anyone takes him the least bit seriously.

But if someone of similar nuttiness were found to associate themselves with the TP movement you would take him seriously? In fact, as perhaps being indicative of a large portion of said movement?

But if someone of similar nuttiness were found to associate themselves with the TP movement you would take him seriously? In fact, as perhaps being indicative of a large portion of said movement?

some ONE?

Therein lies the problem.

Obviously ACLG would have nothing to fear, he's no cracker, he's a liberal, I have no idea how the new panthers tell the difference between a white liberal and a cracker, could be the sweet smelling cologne or perhaps it's the knee pads.

American Thinker Blog: DoJ steers money to favored groups to fund lawsuits

Now, Attorney General Eric Holder and Civil Rights Division chief Thomas Perez have a new plan. Any unspent money will not go back to the defendant but will instead go to a "qualified organization" approved by the Justice Department. And if there is not enough unspent money -- that will be determined by the Department -- then the defendant might be required to come up with more money to give to the "qualified organization."
-------------------------------

Of course, the potential for this money to flow towards groups such as ACORN is clear. What is not clear is why this change in policy occurred. Where is the promised transparency and the pledge to run a post-racial Presidency, to be the President of all Americans ("there is no white America, there is no black America")? Who actually sees a black America and a white America? Is it Eric Holder and the political appointees at Justice??

Think the new Black Panther Party would also qualify??

Eric Holder slurred Americans by saying we were a "nation of cowards" when it came to discussing race. Meanwhile, in his own bailiwick, he and his minions refuse to discuss their own raced-based policies (stonewalling inquiries regarding the dropping of charges against the New Black Panther Party, for example). But there are other issues that show Holder and Obama's hand-picked employees following policies that do seem to divide us into favored and disfavored groups .........

If Holder wants us not to be a nation of cowards when it comes to race how about starting with himself and his department? How about answering subpoenas regarding policies put in place by him that may strike people as being discriminatory?

MFT20100802.jpg

These guys did get jobbed by the system.

First, criminal charges weren't pressed because of the requirement that an attorney be appointed for their defense in criminal court, and then a swift summary judgment obtained without trial in civil court.

Examining the evidence, makes it even more murky with basically none of the news footage lining up with what the DA was claiming in terms of racial epitaphs, etc. One of the men interviewed after the event, doesn't mention anything other than their attire intimidating voters as the reason for their removal from the site. Even the police failed to arrest them on that occassion, merely releasing them at a distance from the site after picking them up. One of the two men in question had been retained as a poll worker and lived in the building where the votes were being taken. Their actions clearly weren't part of some larger black panther attempt to alter the vote, probably they were just trying to express their happiness that a black person was on the ticket in a misguided way.

Unfortunately, to me this seems on the balance like a referendom on attire at the polls. I'm not sure why or how it's become such a cause celebre of the right-wing. Holder is exactly right to have dismissed the charges the way he did.

First, criminal charges weren't pressed because of the requirement that an attorney be appointed for their defense in criminal court, and then a swift summary judgment obtained without trial in civil court.

Examining the evidence, makes it even more murky with basically none of the news footage lining up with what the DA was claiming in terms of racial epitaphs, etc. One of the men interviewed after the event, doesn't mention anything other than their attire intimidating voters as the reason for their removal from the site. Even the police failed to arrest them on that occassion, merely releasing them at a distance from the site after picking them up. One of the two men in question had been retained as a poll worker and lived in the building where the votes were being taken. Their actions clearly weren't part of some larger black panther attempt to alter the vote, probably they were just trying to express their happiness that a black person was on the ticket in a misguided way.

Unfortunately, to me this seems on the balance like a referendom on attire at the polls. I'm not sure why or how it's become such a cause celebre of the right-wing. Holder is exactly right to have dismissed the charges the way he did.

So you think it would be ok for Klan members to stand outside a polling location with baseball bats and hurl racial epithets at blacks?

just a referendum on attire, right?

it's probably just Klan member expressing their happiness that a white person was on the ticket?

you are full of crap

It's selective enforcement of the law. It goes for immigration and prosecution of terrorists as well. It is an across the board picking and choosing of law enforcement based on political ideology. So much for the oath of office all of these people swore to.

Dude was holding a baton - that's simply attire?

You seem to have completely left out or forgotten some of the facts and evidence in this particular case.

If you believe half of what you typed above I'd love to sell you some ocean front property I own in Nashville.

Wearing this sort of SWAT attire with combat boots, a beret, and a baton. I wonder if I showed up at a polling place with this what would happen....

What was this guy doing there? Was he loitering? Was he registered to vote there? There are laws against this sort of behavior. Clearly he was not just stopping by to say hello.

Wearing this sort of SWAT attire with combat boots, a beret, and a baton. I wonder if I showed up at a polling place with this what would happen....

What was this guy doing there? Was he loitering? Was he registered to vote there? There are laws against this sort of behavior. Clearly he was not just stopping by to say hello.

He was a democrat poll observer. right.

Dude was holding a baton - that's simply attire?

Like I said he'd been hired as a poll worker, he was supposed to provide security -- just not dressed in a racially provocative way.

Not that it's really important. The simple fact is that no one was intimidated. There's no evidence to show people really cared how they were dressed or what they were carrying. The vote turn out for that station was uneffected.

Even in the picture people are so fond of posting here with "Duh, Voter Inimidation" tag line, there's a white guy making a call in the background -- obviously, he wasn't scared.

Another video from that day is of two ivy-leaguers who are so intimidated they go up to interview the guys, sort of suggesting that they're scared while not acting that way in the least.

You seem to have completely left out or forgotten some of the facts and evidence in this particular case.

If you believe half of what you typed above I'd love to sell you some ocean front property I own in Nashville.

Does the evidence matter when you're convicted without trial?

Like I said he'd been hired as a poll worker, he was supposed to provide security -- just not dressed in a racially provocative way.

Not that it's really important. The simple fact is that no one was intimidated. There's no evidence to show people really cared how they were dressed or what they were carrying. The vote turn out for that station was uneffected.

Even in the picture people are so fond of posting here with "Duh, Voter Inimidation" tag line, there's a white guy making a call in the background -- obviously, he wasn't scared.

Another video from that day is of two ivy-leaguers who are so intimidated they go up to interview the guys, sort of suggesting that they're scared while not acting that way in the least.

You don't know what you're talking about. They claimed he was a poll observer. Do you know what the responsibilities entailed are? It has nothing to do with providing security.

Does the evidence matter when you're convicted without trial?

I'm not known for having positive views on government or lawyers, but I think I'm going to take the word of a government lawyer over yours that the Black Panthers were up to no good in Philadelphia.

I'm not known for having positive views on government or lawyers, but I think I'm going to take the word of a government lawyer over yours that the Black Panthers were up to no good in Philadelphia.

Unless.....he was the baton waver?

VN Store

Back