The Hunting Thread

RockyTop411

I looked around and couldn't find one so I'm sorry if there already was one. I mainly hunt deer, but feel free to discuss anything you like to hunt. I killed 2 doe last year, no bucks. And if your interested I use a Remington Model 770 .30-06 Synthetic Stock Reatree Camo with a 4 shot magazine box, bolt action. One hellaof gun. Also, any scent killer suggestions? Thanks.

Helpful Links:
Contact TnDeer.com. Tennessee's #1 Deer Hunting Web Site :: The Best Campfire On The Internet ::
www.tnducks.com - The source for waterfowl hunting in Tennessee
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency

:hi:

I live in Ohio, but I don't like to hunt deer here because rifles aren't allowed. I'm not a bow hunter, and "gun season" allows for only slug guns or shotguns, and it's only about 2 weeks out of the season. So instead I hunt wild boar which are allowed to be harvested with a rifle. They aren't interbred with domestic hogs like you find in the south, but actual pure strain Eurasian boar.

However, I did take a trip to the Adirondacks this year for deer, and ended up with a doe. Shot it with my Marlin 308 Express.

I live in Ohio, but I don't like to hunt deer here because rifles aren't allowed. I'm not a bow hunter, and "gun season" allows for only slug guns or shotguns, and it's only about 2 weeks out of the season. So instead I hunt wild boar which are allowed to be harvested with a rifle. They aren't interbred with domestic hogs like you find in the south, but actual pure strain Eurasian boar.

However, I did take a trip to the Adirondacks this year for deer, and ended up with a doe. Shot it with my Marlin 308 Express.

So you can't deer hunt with a rifle at all in Ohio?

I hunt for Deer, Bear, Pheasant and Turkey. I never went Duck hunting but that may change this year. I also am fishing all the time.

Living in the Nashville city limits, it is probably not a good idea to shoot it with a firearm. I have several bows. We'll have to wait and see what happens in September.

I Slowed down on the hunting. It was a passion when in my youth. I suppose if I was to start again it would be Rabbit, squirrel, deer and turkey. Also possibly Elk. Because I know they are trying to restock the area.

I Slowed down on the hunting. It was a passion when in my youth. I suppose if I was to start again it would be Rabbit, squirrel, deer and turkey. Also possibly Elk. Because I know they are trying to restock the area.

I'd love to hunt Elk here in Tennessee. But good luck getting a tag. I think there were only 5 issued last year. And one of them went for almost $18,000 on ebay. No joke.

I don't need a "pet" deer. It creeps me out when I'm walking the trail at Radnor Lake and I come upon a group of deer that won't move off the path for a human.

Turkey and deer for me. Just got me a bow, a used Martin that I think may need a new string. Any suggestions for a bow shop east of Knoxville?

Deer, upland birds, Turkey (not as much as i'd like) and rabbit/squirrel.

When I lived in Colorado alsob hunted Elk, Pronghorn, and Muleys
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I duck hunt in West TN .. used to deer hunt alot but duck hunting has pretty much consumed all of my free time now.

VN Store

Back