'11 FL TE Nick O'Leary

He can carry it like that because his hands are probably massive, in other words, he has strong freakin' hands.

Wow, really suprised to see UGA isnt in his top 4. We're out... too bad, kid is a stud.

O'Leary is clearly bigger than 215 pounds right now and he's a different kind of tight end than Leonard. While Leonard is very quick and changes direction like a receiver, O'Leary is more inclined to run downfield, slant off his route or run a curl and use his big body to keep defenders at bay. He had a couple of drops, but overall he was impressive and makes catches in traffic. He also has the frame to grow and become a very physical blocker down the line.
from FNL

Wow, really suprised to see UGA isnt in his top 4. We're out... too bad, kid is a stud.

Yep, he has jawja roots, they have put all of their eggs in the jay rome basket, hopefully that comes back to bite them....nip it, nip it in the bud :wink2:

I saw the recap of the ESPN "Rise Games" and he was basically on every highlight--looks every bit the part of a future star.

Has he committed anywhere or narrowed it down further? He listed UT as one of his schools...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

So we were in his Top 5 before the coaching change. But according to the recruiting sites, he still has a big list but named 4 he definitely is going to visit. Think we might get him to Knoxville for a look?

So we were in his Top 5 before the coaching change. But according to the recruiting sites, he still has a big list but named 4 he definitely is going to visit. Think we might get him to Knoxville for a look?

If UT were relocating to Florida, then maybe. seems like the guy wants to remain in his home state.

As of now, it seems Miami is in the lead. I read somewhere on ESPN that they considered him the most complete offensive player in the nation. It appears he will be the next great TE from the U.

Seems like Miami has had a number of great tight ends, especially in this decade.

True they've had a couple but none of them have been as good as Witten has turned out. He'll end up in the NFL Hall of Fame while the likes of Winslow and Shockey are under-achieving malcontents.

True they've had a couple but none of them have been as good as Witten has turned out. He'll end up in the NFL Hall of Fame while the likes of Winslow and Shockey are under-achieving malcontents.

Witten and Shockey have very similar numbers. And Winslow has played in some pretty terrible offenses but still has very solid numbers.

Witten and Shockey have very similar numbers. And Winslow has played in some pretty terrible offenses but still has very solid numbers.

You sure about Witten and Shockey? I don't remember Shockey ever being close to a 1000 yard season. Witten's had 2 and 2 over 900.

yea Witten is great but the point is Miami has put several TEs in the league.
not to mention Jimmy Graham, a kid who only played Football the one yr after basketball.

No other school is churning out NFL TEs the way Miami is.

You sure about Witten and Shockey? I don't remember Shockey ever being close to a 1000 yard season. Witten's had 2 and 2 over 900.

SPLIT REC YDS AVG LNG TD
Career 469 5280 11.3 66 30
Career 523 5965 11.4 69 27

Shockey is the first one I listed and Witten is the second.

Ok, so Shockey has 53 fewer catches, almost 700 fewer yards, and has played one more more season.

I'll concede that they're closer than I expected, but Witten, who's played one season less than Shockey, basically has an extra season of yards and catches on him.

Ok, so Shockey has 53 fewer catches, almost 700 fewer yards, and has played one more more season.

I'll concede that they're closer than I expected, but Witten, who's played one season less than Shockey, basically has an extra season of yards and catches on him.

And Shockey missed most of his first season with the Saints. They're both great players. Witten has a little better stats, but to say Witten is far and away better is wrong.

In all fairness, Shockey has missed a season's worth of games too.

btw KII has had 3 Monster years. I wouldnt be so fast to write him off

VN Store

Back