Has there ever been any school whose men's and women's teams both won the title?

Snakes on a Wii

I know our men don't have a good chance of making it to the finals, let alone getting to the Final Four; even beating OSU will be hard. But I know our women have a good chance of winning the title this year, if we can beat UConn in the FF.

So in the long-shot chance that we somehow manage to win it all this year, will we be the first school in NCAA history to win both the men's and the women's championship in the same year?

I know our men don't have a good chance of making it to the finals, let alone getting to the Final Four; even beating OSU will be hard. But I know our women have a good chance of winning the title this year, if we can beat UConn in the FF.

So in the long-shot chance that we somehow manage to win it all this year, will we be the first school in NCAA history to win both the men's and the women's championship in the same year?

UCONN already did it.

God, i hate UCONN...

damn those Yankees. I am not a UConn fan other than a passing interest in football since I have season tickets.

I admire Calhoun, but he was regional to you guys the things you say about Cal would be mild.

I have also met your "Public Enemy #1" while at a dive bar i go to now and agaiin.
Naturally, I dont talk about women's basketball as he is at said private club for a beer.

I like him, nothing against Pat, but Geno will let a local guy like me buy him a cold beer and talk about stripers
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Now, a school winning men's and women's basketball championships AND the football national championship... That's never happened. Let's do this thing.

> I admire Calhoun, but he was regional to you guys the things you say about Cal would be mild.

Could somebody translate?

damn those Yankees. I am not a UConn fan other than a passing interest in football since I have season tickets.

I admire Calhoun, but he was regional to you guys the things you say about Cal would be mild.

I have also met your "Public Enemy #1" while at a dive bar i go to now and agaiin.
Naturally, I dont talk about women's basketball as he is at said private club for a beer.

I like him, nothing against Pat, but Geno will let a local guy like me buy him a cold beer and talk about stripers

Is that lingo for refs or did you mean strippers?

Sounds like you hit happy hour before me

Well, it won't happen this year because UCon is gonna roll the LVs like joint.

You talk about bass.

West Virginia and Kentucky each have a chance this year...as well as Tennessee. Tennessee and Kentucky in each finals with the Vols taking them both would be miraculous!!!

West Virginia and Kentucky each have a chance this year...as well as Tennessee. Tennessee and Kentucky in each finals with the Vols taking them both would be miraculous!!!

While they're all still in the tournament honestly they have no chance. The UConn women will make sure of that. JMHO, of course.

Ohio St. women just got beat down by Miss State. 85-67

One OSU down and one to go.

Last edited:
2004 UConn

I wish UT would meet UConn in the final and blow the doors off the huskies. Also, for good measure, to see Pat whisper in you know who's ear as they shake hands "Suck it Geno, this is my sport."

Of course, its more likely that UConn wins and Geno calls pat a bull dike. But, to the victors go the spoils.

At one point tonight, against 8 seed Temple, Geno's dykes were up like 41-6 or something ridiculous. I thought the scroller on ESPN was messed up, but it wasn't. Wasn't alive for Wooden's UCLA teams, but they are probably the only thing in any sport that can compare to that kind of domination.

At one point tonight, against 8 seed Temple, Geno's dykes were up like 41-6 or something ridiculous. I thought the scroller on ESPN was messed up, but it wasn't. Wasn't alive for Wooden's UCLA teams, but they are probably the only thing in any sport that can compare to that kind of domination.

Wooden won 88 in a row. The only sports team I can think of that has done better than that is De La Salle's football team. They won like 150 in a row.

Wooden won 88 in a row. The only sports team I can think of that has done better than that is De La Salle's football team. They won like 150 in a row.

Mount Union College won 55 in a row in football earlier this decade, lost, and then proceeded to win the next 54. Their coach has a record of 289-22-3 for a .925 winning percentage with 10 Division III championships. I can't think of any college football program on any level that begins to approach Mount Union's level of success.

Let's not forget UNC women's soccer team. They were 230-6-2 or something like that at one point and had won something like 14 of the first 15 national championships. These numbers aren't correct but the gist of it is right.

Central Missouri State did it in 1984 in DII. Not DI but its still hard to get 2 separate programs to win at the same time.

VN Store

Back