Houston Brothers trial(s) in Roane County

They need to move the trial away from Kingston. Roane County is so crooked there will never be a normal trial there. There are certain people with certain last names that you don't mess with there. One of many reasons I'm glad to be away from there.

Last edited:
i'm sure the brothers have most of their friends convinced that they're the victims in this thing, including the witnesses who were at the house that day. and they're scared of what might happen if they do talk.

But wait... the cops were driving past their house SEVERAL times taunting the guys. And what is this ride along buddy doing apparently helping to agitate the matters?

But wait... the cops were driving past their house SEVERAL times taunting the guys. And what is this ride along buddy doing apparently helping to agitate the matters?

I'd probably get banned for saying the things I know about the cops around there, but while the cops did things they shouldn't have, murder is murder. Everybody knew how that family was.

Last edited:
I'd probably get banned for saying the things I know about the cops around there, but while the cops did things they shouldn't have, murder is murder. Everybody knew how that family was/

They won't get a murder conviction in that county. Manslaughter... maybe.

Based on the testimony/evidence presented about the actions of the duputies, I wouldn't be surprised is their odds of getting manslaughter over murder aren't over 50/50 if they are within 80 miles of Kingston. They would have to have that trial in Hamilton or Bradley County to get a murder conviction.

Witnesses for Houston up next : Houston-Brothers : Knoxville News Sentinel

Jurors spent Thursday listening to an eyewitness’ shifting story of the shooting and counting the gunshot wounds that killed Deputy Bill Jones, 53, and his ride-along, disabled former police officer Mike Brown.

Anne Watts sat on Leon Houston’s front porch that spring evening when Jones and Brown rolled up in front of the house on Barnard Narrows Road. Her story about who started the shooting might have changed, but the FBI agent who questioned her didn’t get to tell the jury that.

Watts insists the first shots came from Jones’ patrol car, fired by Brown.

“The driver had his arm up (as he pulled off the road),” she said Thursday. “When his arm went down, that’s when I saw the passenger’s gun go up. His gun went up, and he fired. Then the driver’s gun came up, and it fired.”

Not really a credible witness anymore, but it really highlights how hard it will be for that prosecutor to get a conviction on these guys...

I grew up in Oliver Springs, and I can promise that 1. He won't get a fair trial ever against the Police and 2. If he is found non guilty he will have to move because the police will hound him and his family.

Thankfully, OS police liked me!

I grew up in Oliver Springs, and I can promise that 1. He won't get a fair trial ever against the Police and 2. If he is found non guilty he will have to move because the police will hound him and his family.

sounds like what happened already

sounds like what happened already

Ahh....brings back old memorys!! Roane county use to be my old stomping grounds!! Anyone remember when Johnny Carson said, "If you want to comitt murder and get away with it, go to Roane Co., TN"???

Last edited:
given the age of most posters on here
they probably don't even remember Johnny Carson

wow
So both Houston's are going to be free men
As well they should have been. When you pick with people, don't just expect your badge and gun will protect you when the s**t gets thick. No good reason has ever surfaced as to why the deputy and his ride along were even on the Houston's property in the first place.

Last edited:
I guess a warrant doesn't count

saying that I don't think a former deputy/ridealong should be in the car

Might be that bill board they put on their farm with pics of the killed police.
Saying ..see what happens when you come on our property uninvited..

VN Store

Back