Favorite Sayings...

jspvol76

"Flip the Switch" - CBJ
by your former highschool or college coaches. I was bored and the board was slow today, so I wanted to spice it up a little. I always found it funny how coaches have these funny sayings that stick with you. Please share if you remember some that you found funny. I'll start.

This is from my former high school football coach.

"Don't be like crawdads in a bucket" referring to not hustling, because if you don't hustle your going to have a negative effect on th players around you. If you have never seen crawdad's in a bucket, the ones n the bottom pinch and pull at the ones on top as they try to climb out and pull them back down.

"You couldn't catch your butt with a bass fiddle." referring to one of our recievers who had a really bad first half dropping 3 or 4 passes right in his hands.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Didn't play sports. But my auto mechanics teacher always said "there is no t in American-it ends with CAN". Meaning there was nothing we couldn't do if we wanted to.

He used to yell whatever Robert plant yelps in the immigrant song. Aaayeeeaaaa haaa. Something like that when the band would play that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"Control the boards and you control the game!"
Team with most rebounds will win.

"He couldnt hit a bulls ass with a bass fiddle!"
Not a good shooter

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Hmmmmm, Michael Vick must've had him for a coach too. :question:

by your former highschool or college coaches. I was bored and the board was slow today, so I wanted to spice it up a little. I always found it funny how coaches have these funny sayings that stick with you. Please share if you remember some that you found funny. I'll start.

This is from my former high school football coach.

"Don't be like crawdads in a bucket" referring to not hustling, because if you don't hustle your going to have a negative effect on th players around you. If you have never seen crawdad's in a bucket, the ones n the bottom pinch and pull at the ones on top as they try to climb out and pull them back down.

"You couldn't catch your butt with a bass fiddle." referring to one of our recievers who had a really bad first half dropping 3 or 4 passes right in his hands.

:popcorn:
Did your coach smoke much pot? :crazy: I need to see video of somebody catching their butt with a bass fiddle.

"Rogers! Rogers, you stupid sonuvab**ch!...you're killing us out there, ya worthless piece of s***!!!!...get your s*** together, or so help me, I swear to everything holy, I will gut you like a fish you little f****n' f***!!!.......now let's win this game and ride out for some celebratory CiCi's Pizza!"

- my old tee ball coach

"Rogers! Rogers, you stupid sonuvab**ch!...you're killing us out there, ya worthless piece of s***!!!!...get your s*** together, or so help me, I swear to everything holy, I will gut you like a fish you little f****n' f***!!!.......now let's win this game and ride out for some celebratory CiCi's Pizza!"

- my old tee ball coach

Solid
Posted via VolNation Mobile

- my old tee ball coach

Guy was a real motivator!

- my old tee ball coach

lol JT5 Cracks me up as usual. hilarious

I'll run you like you stole The Lord's Supper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My coach was a real Jackass...As you can tell.

Referring to times when the team is playing well and everybody seems to be telling you what a good job you are doing, it is sometimes necessary to bring you back to reality and continue to focus on getting better rather than becoming satisfied. In order to do this when you have started believing your own hype:

"Be careful kissing your own butt, you might break your back."

VN Store

Back