So, how much snow in Knoxville now??

Here's how much we got so far. It was snowing really hard about an hour ago then went to a rain snow mix now seems to be back as all snow. Could really add up, especially if it stays as snow

Attachments

• IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 9
im looking out my window on Lake Ave right now and there is a good 2 to 4 inches, and it's still coming down

Man, it's a mess here in WNC. Anywhere from 6"-10" inches over here in Haywood County. Lots of wrecks, earlier anyway, most folks seem to have made it inside somewhere finally. Started about 3:00 this afternoon. Getting ice right now.

i mean....this may just be wishful thinking....but with the snow knoxville is a beautiful place.....i mean it might be appealing to some...

granted it is going to keep some from being able to visit.....but lets be hounest....the only 2 wee need to swoon is ambles and rogers.....stone i think is with us and i would be happy if that all we signed hahah

margie-1.gif

I didnt get here till 04', the wife talks about her though.
Marge and in charge.

Holy crap, Margie Ison. Wow. I hadn't thought about her in 15 years. When I was growing up she WAS the weather.

Lmao man a group of friends and I were just talking about her earlier tonight. I just got in off the road in jeff county and it's nasty.

Snow seems to be letting up a little here on campus. Should probably I was outside an our ago, and it was a about 1.5". Probably around 2.5-3 right now. If it keeps going and cools down a little overnight like it should we could wake up to about 6. The weather channel is also calling for another 1-2. So I'd say we could see a max of 8 all said and done.

More snow piling in...this is all heading east from the Cumberland Plateau

Attachments

• IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 12
Anybody who grew up a schoolboy in Knoxville knows that you can't look at Nashville to see what kind of weather Knoxville is going to get. You look at the weather because you're hoping to get out of school, you get excited because Nashville gets crushed with snow....and then it almost always dies on the plateau. This storm may be strong enough to actually make it over to Knoxville, but Knoxville never gets as much snow as Nashville got.

The way to see whether it's going to snow in Knoxville is to look at Birmingham and Chattanooga. If it comes up that way, you're golden. (If you want snow.)

It's weird how geography effects the weather. Over here the mtns in Crossville usually push it into KY. If it comes from the south the mtns in Chatt push it to the Caros. If it comes from the north down the I-81 corridor we catch hell. And Kingsport always gets it worse than we do.

So are you guys in and around Knoxville snowed in?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm right across the river from UT where I can see Neyland's scoreboard, and I'd say there are MAYBE two inches out there. All of that garbage on tv all week and this is their big snow? Please.

Thats usually how it is. I bet there is not a loaf of bread or gallon of milk to be found in Knoxville.
If they even have an inkling of snow down here in Birmingham everything shuts down.

Be careful out there guys, ice kills.

Margie wasn't even a meteorologist, but I don't think the meteorologists get it right half the time anyway. They could put a chimp on the air and let him point at a radar and he'd get it right the same as a schooled weather predictor.

Main highway this morning is pretty much 1 lane...right down the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 16

VN Store

Back