So, how much snow in Knoxville now??

I thought Knoxville was going to get hammered? According to our bright weathermen. I live in Monroe Co. and we werent supposed to get an inch. We had 5 inches already on the ground when it was just starting to snow in Knoxville. Crazy weather

Less than or around an inch where I live in Bearden. They're saying 15", I'll be very surprised if we get that much.

I thought Knoxville was going to get hammered? According to our bright weathermen. I live in Monroe Co. and we werent supposed to get an inch. We had 5 inches already on the ground when it was just starting to snow in Knoxville. Crazy weather

Hey ! I'm from Monroe Co. Where you located ? I'm in Atlanta now. :clapping:

Yeah, I'm going to take the dude on channel 6 a receipt for the $6.96 that I spent on stuff to make snow cream.. Lying bastard....:furious3:

We've got about 3 inches here in Anderson County. We're supposed to get around 8 inches. We never get snow.

we've got about 6-7" (save the phallic jokes) in Nashville now and the weather's heading toward Knoxville, so you should be getting alot of snow later tonight and tomorrow. They're saying 12-14" in Nashville before it ends late Saturday night.

I remember when I was about 8 or 9, and lived in Maryville it snowed bout 2', think it was round '87 or'88, that place shut down!! Up here in WV, snow is an afterthought, just makes driving that much more fun!!

we've got about 6-7" (save the phallic jokes) in Nashville now and the weather's heading toward Knoxville, so you should be getting alot of snow later tonight and tomorrow. They're saying 12-14" in Nashville before it ends late Saturday night.

Anybody who grew up a schoolboy in Knoxville knows that you can't look at Nashville to see what kind of weather Knoxville is going to get. You look at the weather because you're hoping to get out of school, you get excited because Nashville gets crushed with snow....and then it almost always dies on the plateau. This storm may be strong enough to actually make it over to Knoxville, but Knoxville never gets as much snow as Nashville got.

The way to see whether it's going to snow in Knoxville is to look at Birmingham and Chattanooga. If it comes up that way, you're golden. (If you want snow.)

Well as of now, the roads are finally frozen and snow is sticking to the pavement. If it keeps up the way it is now, we could see 8-12 inches easy

Well as of now, the roads are finally frozen and snow is sticking to the pavement. If it keeps up the way it is now, we could see 8-12 inches easy

A funny (to me, and maybe one or two others here). I recall Margie Eaison, weather lady in K-town, she always had a sexy way to say they got get 8 inches in Gatlinburg and would sign off her program with a wink....the next day we just had to say we saw Margie in Gatlinburg.... looking! :search:

Well...maybe, you had to have been around to recall this....but it was turely funny.

Just got out of the hot tub, its falling alright. If we have an inch I would be suprised. I doubt we get 3 or 4 inches tonight. That is in West Town.

A funny (to me, and maybe one or two others here). I recall Margie Eaison, weather lady in K-town, she always had a sexy way to say they got get 8 inches in Gatlinburg and would sign off her program with a wink....the next day we just had to say we saw Margie in Gatlinburg.... looking! :search:

Well...maybe, you had to have been around to recall this....but it was turely funny.
margie-1.gif

Just got out of the hot tub, its falling alright. If we have an inch I would be suprised. I doubt we get 3 or 4 inches tonight. That is in West Town.

I live on the edge of west knoxville and north knoxville and we will definitely get 3-4 inches tonight. We'll have more than that easy if the snow picks up over night like they said it would. I love this snow, but its a bummer to mess up those recruiting visits.

It was snowing pretty good here in W. Knoxville a few minutes ago, but I think it's changing over to sleet now. I was hoping we might get a little more snow, but about 2 inches looks like about all it's going to be for us. Hopefully the sleet and ice don't get too bad and cause trees and power lines to start falling.

VN Store

Back