'10 FL ATH Matt Elam

I'd expect such a comment from a fan of a team that has no point of reference to even having a single in-state rival let alone two in-state, out of conference BCS rivals like Florida has which is unique in college football.

it's no coincidence the last year of Florida's annual game with Miami was the year before the conference expanded. The conference schedule went from 6 games to 8 along with a championship game for the division winner and the Gators kept annual matchup with FSU. it would have been insane to play 8 SEC games, Miami, FSU and then the SEC Championship Game.

FSU ran through a pushover ACC with no championship game. That's why they didn't end the series with Miami. I doubt FSU would have kept it up after conference expansion if Miami didn't join the ACC.

I 100% agree. There is absolutely no benefit in playing them both in the same year. It'd be like the Vols playing UNC and VT every year...just cause. That'd be an unmitigated disaster.

UF's schedule is plenty hard when the SEC East is up to snuff...which it hasnt been for 5 years. Lucky Urban.

Well...as an FSU / UT fan...I hope he goes to one of the two....not UF.

But....of all the players that have HUGE egos and waiver constantly between schools...how many have really been great players at the school they finally decided on?

He is showing me he is not focused and does not take this very seriously. He should already know what he wants. This recruiting has gone on for atleast 3 yrs. Have some kind of idea!!!! As a Nole supporter....I'm not sure I want that kind of attitude anyway!

don't think Elam's change had anything at all to do with ego...

think it was just a reaction (perhaps an overreaction) to the Urban Meyer announcement. It has long been known that the main reason Elam chose UF was his relationship with CUM dating all the way back to when he recruited Abram.

I wouldnt be suprised if he stays with FSU....

Based on the filp-flops....I don't give a dang what he does. He is getting beat every-play in the All-Star game anyway! Have fun at UF......until Meyer leaves!

BTW..he is better than anyone at FSU (minus Reed)..so I still hope he comes to Tallahassee.

He hasnt told FSU that he has decommited, what he said to that UGA website was pure BS...Even the UF people i've talked to believe it was him just messin around with UGA.

I wouldnt be suprised if he stays with FSU....

whoever said Elam should just layoff and wait until NSD is right....

Elam should not talk to anybody except the coaches for UGA UT FSU and UF and then decide on NSD

he seems really lost in the recruitment process...or maybe he just is a prima donna who loves the lime-light...who cares hes not comin to UT

My neighbor just called and said they were reporting on some sports station in Kingsport that Matt Elam had de-committed from FSU and that his top three were Florida, Georgia, and FSU. Not sure why he would de-commit and still have them in his top 3 but that is what he said. Also, I didn't think Georgia was really ever in the mix.

Link to story

IMHO he will end up at FSU. He's still in contact with our coaches, and for the most part has had very little contact with Meyer. The decommittment rumor stareted with the UGA site, and there hasnt been any other credible source that has confirmed that. He loves the attention, and just wants to add the drama like a lot of other kids on Sat.

Elam flip flops and is a high school football diva, Urban flip flops and everyone should understand and give him time... Hmmm... Something doesn't seem fair about that. Elam does have a lot on the line when it comes to picking the right college for himself! It is his future and all...

Link to story

IMHO he will end up at FSU. He's still in contact with our coaches, and for the most part has had very little contact with Meyer. The decommittment rumor stareted with the UGA site, and there hasnt been any other credible source that has confirmed that. He loves the attention, and just wants to add the drama like a lot of other kids on Sat.
UF lock.

honestly, he hasn't looked very impressive at the AA game thus far though.

BTW, did you see Luc at the UA game? lol

At the UA game?? I thought he looked fine, needs a lot of work in pass coverage but will be a stud at stopping the run.

Did anyone else hear the rumor of Urban Meyer sleeping with a UF cheerleader's sister???? Supposedly, some people were told this by some very high up Gator boosters and the main reason he is stepping down is b/c he is being blackmailed by the girl and any health concerns and stress came mostly from this situation and not coaching. TIFWIW, this isn't a joke.

Anyone else heard this?

yes, my advice to Urbie Cryer, talk to Tiger Woods...he can give you some good advice on what not to do...lol...Go Vols!

VN Store

Back