Kiffin needs adult supervision....

I'll just take this moment to remind everyone that
A. the OP has yet to contribute anything else to his own thread.

B. I questioned his intentions, and he has not replied.

And lastly C. We're currently 5 pages into a discussion about an author who most of you find less credible than Griff.

Just to let you know where Im coming from on this, here's a reminder:

Yesterday, 11:55 AM #698 (permalink)
G-burgfan Junior Member /forum/members/29132.html /forum/members/29132.htmlJoin Date: Dec 2009 Posts: 29

I have to agree, i dont think lane is very good for this school. He has brought in some top tier talent, great assistant coaches. The attention he is bringing on this program is just overwhelming. Honestly, i laughed when kiffin said that he took the investigation as a compliment. __________________

And lastly C. We're currently 5 pages into a discussion about an author who most of you find less credible than Griff.

Let's not get carried away. The fact that this "journalist" has zero credibility doesn't mean that Griff has any credibility. Actually, if the original poster had slapped Griff's name on this article, it would have been rather indistinguishable from the rest of Griff's work.

It’s unfortunate that these two young women now find themselves at the center of a scandal. The suggestions out there on the Internet, based on no evidence, are troubling.

Then goes onto this:

Are you proud to have discussions in the press about UT co-eds “brushing breasts” against recruits, or that the new catchphrase around the conference is that you can’t spell “slut” without UT? Any of you have daughters at UT?

Again, he is quoting what has already been published and/or communicated by others. This isn't even close to the "author" personally insinuating that the hostesses were sluts. You just "reported" the same comments... does that mean that you are also implying the girls were sluts?

I'll just take this moment to remind everyone that
A. the OP has yet to contribute anything else to his own thread.

B. I questioned his intentions, and he has not replied.

Just to let you know where Im coming from on this, here's a reminder:

Yesterday, 11:55 AM #698 (permalink)
G-burgfan Junior Member /forum/members/29132.html /forum/members/29132.htmlJoin Date: Dec 2009 Posts: 29

I have to agree, i dont think lane is very good for this school. He has brought in some top tier talent, great assistant coaches. The attention he is bringing on this program is just overwhelming. Honestly, i laughed when kiffin said that he took the investigation as a compliment. __________________

The best I can tell the OP is not required to stay tuned. As for his intentions I wouldn't know because all he posted was a BS column from KNS(I believe). And CLK is excellent for UT.

Again, he is quoting what has already been published and/or communicated by others. This isn't even close to the "author" personally insinuating that the hostesses were sluts. You just "reported" the same comments... does that mean that you are also implying the girls were sluts?

Nobody has reported that statement other than this idiot. Communicated by others? Verbally at rival schools maybe. This idiot stated it in an article, so yes, he is insinuating that they're sluts.

I don't write a blog so I don't see what you are getting at.

My point is that he seems to harp on other journalists for unfairly painting a picture of the girls involved while later refreshing everyones memory that everyone is saying, yes they are sluts and so is every other girl that goes to UT. For someone that wants to dispel that belief, why keep bringing it up especially at the end of the article where it is freshest on the mind?

Originally Posted by Vol423
- There are currently two NCAA investigations into Vol recruiting. – FALSE

Incorrect. The two investigations are regarding the hostesses, and the visit by the assistant to his formal HS in Florida with Kiffin.

WRONG AGAIN. There are ZERO NCAA investigations into Vol recruiting right now. Also, how many NCAA inquiries are there currently into the Vols recruiting? ZERO again. Get your facts straight, and quit regurgitating the lies being spread by incompetent journalists whose idea of investigative reporting is repeating the erroneous statements made in other hack journalists' columns.

- Two very pretty young college girls drive 200 miles to attend a high school football game and cheer on two UT prospects. – FALSE – But I do give him credit for actually being able to quote the incorrect mileage listed by the hack NYT “journalist”

So you're this upset over a difference of ~ 30 miles? Clearly the author was just quoting what had previously been reported.

Which says what about his journalistic integrity?

- Does a top recruit sign with a school under pending NCAA sanctions? – With NO NCAA investigations, I would say that the likelihood of “pending NCAA sanctions” is remote at best. However, USC, which WAS under a wide-ranging NCAA investigation, has continued to land entire draft classes loaded with 5-star and 4-star recruits.

Just about every word other than those quoted by you or by me is pure speculation or biased drivel written by a hack reporter with no journalistic skills but a clear agenda.

...and I just love this idiot's concern that he expresses for the girls a few paragraphs before he insinuates that they're sluts. That's journalistic integrity at its best.

Please direct me to the comments where he insinuates the girls are sluts...

Somebody else already beat me to this.

IBlvNTmWrk, my responses to the comments that you made in bolded black are provided in red above.

Last edited:
No, I am an independent thinker and not a lemming.

This review is about more than Kiffin and UT. It is about advances in technology that the NCAA has not effectively kept up with and needs to address. The author of the "article" which through independent thinking you now lend support and credence suggests that
It isn’t only Vol fans who read Facebook. It only takes one “friend” at another school to give the NCAA access to communications between co-eds and recruits.
If he read Facebook he would realize that all of these recruits have cult like followings and coeds from other schools are contacting recruits via Facebook. Why? The NCAA doesn't regulate it. To point the finger at any school will likely be pointing the finger at themselves. And while we're at it, how should Kiffin regulate the student body's use of Facebook. Or perhaps if we hired a prim and proper coach technological advances would simply halt. We could go back to a simpler time in 1998.

Kiffin's other "big" violation, according to you and the author?
Kiffin takes his personal assistant, who is forbidden to do off-campus recruiting, on a recruiting trip to a Florida high school. The assistant graduated from the school. Does this sound smart?
His personal assistant traveled with him? His personal assistant did not speak with recruits. Recruiting via osmosis is now possible. Kiffin is a genius. Well, if the personal assistant did not speak to the recruits...Maybe, just maybe it involved some breast brushing? Nope, wrong again. Male assistant.

Unless, this is tied to Kiffin. That is to say, proof presented that he encouraged the alleged violations then this is much ado about nothing as far as UT is concerned.

In the larger scheme of things, I think the NCAA will use this to promulgate some rules regarding social networking sites and maybe even forbid the use of the hostess.

This review is about more than Kiffin and UT. It is about advances in technology that the NCAA has not effectively kept up with and needs to address. The author of the "article" which through independent thinking you now lend support and credence suggests that If he read Facebook he would realize that all of these recruits have cult like followings and coeds from other schools are contacting recruits via Facebook. Why? The NCAA doesn't regulate it. To point the finger at any school will likely be pointing the finger at themselves. And while we're at it, how should Kiffin regulate the student body's use of Facebook. Or perhaps if we hired a prim and proper coach technological advances would simply halt. We could go back to a simpler time in 1998.
Kiffin's other "big" violation, according to you and the author? His personal assistant traveled with him? His personal assistant did not speak with recruits. Recruiting via osmosis is now possible. Kiffin is a genius. Well, if the personal assistant did not speak to the recruits...Maybe, just maybe it involved some breast brushing? Nope, wrong again. Male assistant.

Unless, this is tied to Kiffin. That is to say, proof presented that he encouraged the alleged violations then this is much ado about nothing as far as UT is concerned.

In the larger scheme of things, I think the NCAA will use this to promulgate some rules regarding social networking sites and maybe even forbid the use of the hostess.

Good post.

The smell of fear has replaced the smell of blood... people fear us now and will attack that which they fear

CLK has adult supervision: Dr. Jan Simek and Mike Hamilton and they just opened the University's pocket book for Kif in hiring Coach Kippy Brown. Nuf said.

Like a song I heard earlier said: "When they hate on you, you know you're doing something..."

Kiffin is a great coach and in some opinions a good man. But what he did to BJ Coleman and lying to the press afterward is unexcusable.

Both [Frank Beamer and Mack Brown] are great coaches and proven winners who go about their jobs with quiet confidence and class.

"Kiffin was in town Thursday for a news conference to help promote the Chick-fil-A Bowl game. I think Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer also was there. But Beamer’s 228 career wins just didn’t compare to Kiffin’s seven really loud and obnoxious ones. So the spotlight followed Kiffin."

Are SEC rivals turning Tennessee, Kiffin into NCAA? | Jeff Schultz

Both are great coaches and proven winners who go about their jobs with quiet confidence and class.

Thought of you when I saw this exchange with the journalist:

uga_b - December 17th, 2009 - 8:48 pm - "I guess I am old school. I prefer when my school isn’t in the news making mistakes. I would love a year where the only stories I hear our about on the field performance and off-the-field excellence."

Jeff Schultz - December 17th, 2009 -8:50 pm - "Uga-B — You might want to follow the Ivy League."

FYI - St. Richt has the same number of secondary violations this year (6) as CLK.

Go Kiffin Go! The only people you have to please are UT and the VolNation faithful! The others can kiss yours and our Axx'x! If you think things like this don't happen at every other NCAA school you live in a dream world! The difference between CLK and the other coach's is he has the OO's to say what he thinks and he is not a member of the GOOD OLD BOY'S CLUB! If you are not a Vol I'd be afraid very afraid! GO VOLS!!!!!!

Thought of you when I saw this exchange with the journalist:

uga_b - December 17th, 2009 - 8:48 pm - "I guess I am old school. I prefer when my school isn’t in the news making mistakes. I would love a year where the only stories I hear our about on the field performance and off-the-field excellence."

Jeff Schultz - December 17th, 2009 -8:50 pm - "Uga-B — You might want to follow the Ivy League."

FYI - St. Richt has the same number of secondary violations this year (6) as CLK.

But Buck Belue will talk mean about us on the radio in Atlanta and the UGA fans won't like us if Kiffin doesn't behave like a good boy and say aw shucks and talk about fairy dust. It is about time Tennessee did a heel turn and for those who don't like it, there are just two words for you.

But Buck Belue will talk mean about us on the radio in Atlanta and the UGA fans won't like us if Kiffin doesn't behave like a good boy and say aw shucks and talk about fairy dust. It is about time Tennessee did a heel turn and for those who don't like it, there are just two words for you.

I don't take crap from GA fans.

45-19

Funny that the three teams who have embraced the SEC's "Attitude Era" are the three with the most hype and momentum right now.

VN Store

Back