Travis Cozart Arrested

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
LENOIR CITY, TN (WVLT) -- Former Lenoir City and University of Tennessee running back Travis Cozart is behind bars.

Cozart was arrested Monday in Loudon County for violation of his probation.

The Loudon County Sheriff's Department says Cozart was booked for evading arrest, Cozart has outstanding warrants.

Travis was an All-East Tennessee performer with the Panthers in the early '90's. He enrolled at UT but only spent time with the Vols on the practice field.

He did play professionally with the Shreveport Pirates of the CFL in 1995 and signed with the NFL Rams in '97, but did not play.

Cozart was convicted on aggravated assault charges back in 1997.

That's a shame. You wonder what might have been.

It's ironic that this story was published on July 4.

This was from 1995:

In mid-July Travis Cozart, a junior-college transfer expected to compete for the starting tailback job, was dismissed from the team. Cozart was arrested on assault charges July 4.

Wow, and I was going to list him in the thread about people you played against. He was a stud athlete too bad it seems wasted.

What a waste of talent. I remember the 1995 spring practices, he outshined Jay Graham and the othe RB's in spring drills with long and dazzeling runs. :fool:

im Travis Daughter. im 14 and im the one he got arrested for the drug thing. if u any of u guys have a way i can get a hold of him please tell me. i have not seen my dad since i was 3 and i havent talked to him in 2 years. please give me a number if u have one

im Travis Daughter. im 14 and im the one he got arrested for the drug thing. if u any of u guys have a way i can get a hold of him please tell me. i have not seen my dad since i was 3 and i havent talked to him in 2 years. please give me a number if u have one

Is this for real? Bump.

Wow, the thing that makes me think it might not be a joke is that a 14 looking for her dad that played at tn, might google him, and google lists results by date,meaning the thread that was updated hours/minutes before she. Googled him wouldve probably been the most recent mention of his name on the web. Ya kno?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Freak can we check into this? for real!

I'm not trying to be funny or cruel in any way, but have you tried contacting the
Loudon County jail? If you are who you say you are you may be able to reconnect to your father through them. Good luck!

Travis is still, to this day, the best high school football player I ever personally SAW play. He was at LCHS when I was in middle school. Such a waste.

ive already tried to look on google and they dont have anything on there. i called him last year and his girlfrand answered and said she would tell him i called but she didnt. and they got the number changed

I don't know much about the criminal justice system, but surely he would no longer be in the Loudon county jail right? He would be in prison somewhere, its been like 3 years. Maybe the TN DOC can help you out.

well hes not in jail for the drug thing anymore. he went back to jail not that long ago for muggin that woman at the college

VN Store

Back