'10 FL ATH Matt Elam

Shaw is a QB while Elam is a S. This doesn't affect Elam.
Shaw is the second of three cb will take in this class. We wanted to test waters with Fulton but he isn't going anywhere beside USCe or Bama. Matt has nothing to worry about the safety thing will clear itself up Dowling to Wr and Dorsey won't make it in this class because of grades(WVU or prep). Matt's "fun" will be over in few weeks. He knows its a good chance Dixon lands at UT so he'll be a Gator.

I thought Dixon was one of the gators 52 silents, so your information has to be incorrect. Also I thought tony dungy was going to PAY 3 million a year to be the gators next DC.

Man i would really like to have this kid. He seems very driven to succeed and hope he does. He'll most likely be playing on sundays like his brother if can stay focused. The dude is built like a rock. wow thats amazing he's only 17-18

he would fit perfectly in Tenn's hard hitting physical D

i dont care where he goes as long as its not uf.... would love to see what excuses they come up with....

No excuses. He's been wavering for a while. One week he says "I'm 100% Gator" and the next he says "Well, 85% Gator" while dressed in head to toe Gator gear.

I don't think he'll be in the UF class because he wants instant playing time. At UF that probably won't happen because of depth. It could happen at UT, UGA, etc...

In the AskJamie article on Rivals today, he said he believes there is a 50/50 chance that Elam will end up a Gator. I like those odds...

Someone asked Brent about alot of the recruits from Florida that we are recruiting and what % chance we had at them. Other than guys like Joyner and Dunkley, I don't think we had a guy that he said we have a lower chance than 50%.

Elam seems like a class act. And a side question to LV, HVwarrior, Sab, etc.: how much more exciting is it following recruiting before and after the coaching change?

And I'm sorry I'm asking in this thread, just curious

I've been trying so hard NOT to picture him playing EB's spot next year.

I don't want to get my hopes too high for even a minute. I know its a longshot, but I'm all about some Elam at SS....especially if JJ gets the boot.

It's alot more fun under this staff, mostly because it's with alot more elite recruits and this staff is alot more spontaneous. With CPF, you could almost pinpoint what was going to happen with every recruit. Anything can happen with Lane and this staff.

I think Elam could definitely be one of our surprises. Him and probably a big time RB.

If JJ is gone, we could sell Dixon and Elam the chance to come in and possibly start next year. Obviously that would be doubtful, but it is still a selling point.

Why? Because he's telling UF the same things that he's been saying for months? I'm not saying he's a Vol but he's not 100% Gator either.

Or are you saying that because Jefferson is a Bruin?

Why? Because he's telling UF the same things that he's been saying for months? I'm not saying he's a Vol but he's not 100% Gator either.

Or are you saying that because Jefferson is a Bruin?

You can think what you want...95% chance Elam ends up a Gator and that's enough for me to not be nervous at all.

Again believe what you'd like but I am confident where Elam will end up....

It's alot more fun under this staff, mostly because it's with alot more elite recruits and this staff is alot more spontaneous. With CPF, you could almost pinpoint what was going to happen with every recruit. Anything can happen with Lane and this staff.

I think Elam could definitely be one of our surprises. Him and probably a big time RB.

I think so too. I loved the facebook status that was posted, something about "shocking the world" with his decision. He just seems like a very smart kid, as in a Bryce Brown type. Just hopin the outcome is the same.

That's fine with me. 100% one day, 85% the next, 95% today. Tomorrow it will change again, I'm sure. He'll be wherever he wants to go in a month a couple weeks. Not a lock to anywhere by any means.

VN Store

Back