South Carolina fans take notice.

using a comparable time frame, they all have zeros since the SEC went to 12 teams.

I know, but lots of posters on here like to talk about our history and how that makes us better than UF etc.

In this case, they all suck at present, but at least Ole Miss has history.

The cocks have hired both Lou Holtz and Spurrier--so it's dopey to say that the school doesn't want to be big-time. No, they probably can't pay the kind of money bama is paying saban--but who can? bama is loopy and corrupt and has been deranged by its past--it has no choice. The problem with Holtz and Spurrier is that they were older when hired and way past their coaching prime. They need to hire somebody like.........kiffin.

The cocks have hired both Lou Holtz and Spurrier--so it's dopey to say that the school doesn't want to be big-time. No, they probably can't pay the kind of money bama is paying saban--but who can? bama is loopy and corrupt and has been deranged by its past--it has no choice. The problem with Holtz and Spurrier is that they were older when hired and way past their coaching prime. They need to hire somebody like.........kiffin.

The problem with that is, The South Carolina admin don't care enough to do the thorough evaluation needed to have the confidence to hire an up and comer like Kiffin or Meyer. And no admin that cares enough to do that wants to work at South Carolina.. see how that works?

I know, but lots of posters on here like to talk about our history and how that makes us better than UF etc.

In this case, they all suck at present, but at least Ole Miss has history.

Who said that? UF has won 2 titles this decade, they are better than us right now. In the past we were better than UF. But in no time, ever, was South Carolina better than anybody in the SEC.. EVER

as long as they have the declining Ol' Ball Coach in their corner, the Cocks will always think they are world beaters.

i was talking about modern history. Ark has been to the SECCG 2 times this decade. which is more than uscjr and ole miss combined total of 0 since the split.

Arky - 0 SEC Championships
USCe - 0 SEC Championships
Miss - 6 SEC Championships

I mean, Arkansas at least has some sort of "tradition" when they were back in SouthWest Conference, but South Carolina has nothing, none, zero, zipp. They are always the bottom feeders, gas pumpers...

Another thing is that once, ONCE as an OM fan I'd like to go into a game with 100% confidence in my team that we were going to kick the crap out of the opponent. Never can say that. Our fans, myself included, go in HOPING we play well and can pull out a W .

The quote above is exactly how I felt the past four seasons...

I saw the Vols playing not to lose. Love that the old attitude is back. And opposing teams are taking notice.

The biggest change in our team this year is that our players and staff go into every game expecting to win.

Confidence is a big factor into winning consistently. Our program is on the right track.

I didn't make this, I actually got it off of CockyTalk from one of their posters...a Gamecock.

Pretty sad but completely accurate.

Attachments

• mediocrity.png
    mediocrity.png
    7 KB · Views: 2
If this is an accurate reflection of their fanbase... it is no great wonder they fired Cut and Orgeron and hired Nutt.

Spurrier's been washed up for years. He never should have left florida for the redskins job, which was a bust. Look for Spurrier to give it up in a year or two after more mediocre seasons. Strong would be a good hire, but there are tons of good coaches that would take that job.

Spurrier's been washed up for years. He never should have left florida for the redskins job, which was a bust. Look for Spurrier to give it up in a year or two after more mediocre seasons. Strong would be a good hire, but there are tons of good coaches that would take that job.

Every season there is 1 maybe two great hires available. Last year, Tennessee made the best hire and everyone else fed off the scraps because Tennessee was the best opportunity available. South Carolina will always be feeding off scraps (Retired hall of famers). Yea, some say Charlie Strong would be a good hire, but what if he's a bust? Then what? Do they waste 1 or 2 seasons with a bust and find themselves eating scraps again after the ND, Florida, UCLA, etc. jobs become vacant?

It's simple, South Carolina will only be able to make a good hire when there's a good coach unemployed and there are no other high profile jobs vacant (Tenn, ND, AL, Mich, Fla, etc..).

It is not that the GameCocks are so bad, it is South Carolina in general that su%. Kiffin may not have been politicaly correct, but he was correct! SC is only good for their peaches...and high school football.

Every season there is 1 maybe two great hires available. Last year, Tennessee made the best hire and everyone else fed off the scraps because Tennessee was the best opportunity available. South Carolina will always be feeding off scraps (Retired hall of famers). Yea, some say Charlie Strong would be a good hire, but what if he's a bust? Then what? Do they waste 1 or 2 seasons with a bust and find themselves eating scraps again after the ND, Florida, UCLA, etc. jobs become vacant?

It's simple, South Carolina will only be able to make a good hire when there's a good coach unemployed and there are no other high profile jobs vacant (Tenn, ND, AL, Mich, Fla, etc..).

SPURRIER :cool2: is a great coach. He ALSO has to have great recruiters...why else would anyone what to go to little UsC!

Last edited:
Feel bad for the guy. im glad my destiny was to be a vol cause everything else is second tier.

Actually the Ole Miss fan is too hard on his school. Sure they have been a dissappointment this year but they have a good school and a loyal fanbase in good times and bad. They just need to keep the instate talent and recruit Memphis. They were just one missed FG from winning the SEC west when Eli was a senior.

My daughter is a senior there. It is a great school.

VN Store

Back