Huckabee, Romney and Palin

I like Huckabee, his fair/flat tax would do wonders. Romney is a good economist but is a chicken when it comes to other issues, and palin dont think she can be a president really

they're the frontrunners three years out because they currently have the most name recognition

no, what got McCain the GOP nomination was an endorsement by the New York Times and the GOP's policy of allowing open primaries.

In order of appearance. Lame, lamer, lamest. Delusional tendencies manifesting their self 3.5 years early. Seems to me Rush Limbaugh stands a better chance, being the de facto head of the party, no matter how many times he denies it or how many times the liberals in the NFL throw him out or the owners sack him for a loss! At this point the Repubs don't have a candidate that can win.

In order of appearance. Lame, lamer, lamest. Delusional tendencies manifesting their self 3.5 years early. Seems to me Rush Limbaugh stands a better chance, being the de facto head of the party, no matter how many times he denies it or how many times the liberals in the NFL throw him out or the owners sack him for a loss! At this point the Repubs don't have a candidate that can win.

nice bit of analysis, but your hero Obama isn't exactly steaming toward a landslide re-election. In fact, in a recent poll, only 43% of the people who voted for him last November would vote for him again.

i think huckabee will do well, i mean if he didnt carry the republican label, he would be the most popular, hands down

I like Huckabee, but at the same time. I'm waaaay more interested in the elections next year for now. That's going to be a good indicator of what we may see.

3+ years out, nobody would have given a second thought to Bill Clinton, George W. Bush or Barack Obama having a snowball's chance in hell of winning either.

I have a feeling names like Jindhal and Pawlenty will start rising in the next 12-18 mos.

I think a republican will have a very good shot at winning in 2012. It will be an election of people voting against Obama rather than for someone.

A lot of people are ticked off that they voted for Obama and this is what they got so they will be hell bent on voting for anyone with a pulse that runs against him.

Of the front runners I could go with Romney - maybe after 4 years of hopium and empty rhetoric people won't care that he's a stiff. At least he has experience running stuff.

Huck is too socially conservative for me. His base will force him to be more so and he'll turn off the middle.

Looking for a new candidate to emerge.

Of the front runners I could go with Romney - maybe after 4 years of hopium and empty rhetoric people won't care that he's a stiff. At least he has experience running stuff.

Huck is too socially conservative for me. His base will force him to be more so and he'll turn off the middle.

Looking for a new candidate to emerge.

Isn't Romney the man that turned Target around?

I like the idea of a fair tax plan but wonder how it would actually work in reality. I would be happy to find out compared to what we have now.

I could be wrong about this but wouldn't the extra revenue from taxes coming in from illegals, drug dealers, etc. of people that don't pay them now lower taxes for the rest of us under fair tax?

I could go for Huckabee on this alone if it is as good as it sounds.

Romney is the only one with a prayer.

Palin is a moron, and enough people see that such that she could never overcome it.

Huckabee, the religiousness is too much for mainstream America to take.

Jindal is intriguing, but he seems not to be getting out front on anything, at least nationally.

Agree with bham that likely none of these is going to be the R nominee. Someone else needs to step forward and talk fiscal discipline, leaving the socal issues to proxies and others.

Romney is the only one with a prayer.

Palin is a moron, and enough people see that such that she could never overcome it.

Huckabee, the religiousness is too much for mainstream America to take.

Jindal is intriguing, but he seems not to be getting out front on anything, at least nationally.

Agree with bham that likely none of these is going to be the R nominee. Someone else needs to step forward and talk fiscal discipline, leaving the socal issues to proxies and others.

I like Romney okay... his business experience at least plays well with our struggling economy. But who knows if that will still be the case in a few years.

Completely agree regarding Palin.

I also like Huckabee. Yes, he is religious... but he is not overbearing. For the most part, the only time religion becomes a topic of discussion is when someone else brings it up... but when it's brought up he doesn't shy away from his beliefs - one of which is a strong belief in the separation of church and state. He also could provide an interesting challenge to Obama in terms of a one-on-one debate as he is quick witted and (IMO) does equally if not better in townhall type environments.

Jindhal and Pawlenty will both probably make a run, but I think it's too big of a hill to climb... either could be good VP candidates.

Still curious if Gingrich will get in the race. He carries some baggage with him... but the guy knows his history and is probably the most intelligent of the bunch.

I like Romney okay... his business experience at least plays well with our struggling economy. But who knows if that will still be the case in a few years.

Completely agree regarding Palin.

I also like Huckabee. Yes, he is religious... but he is not overbearing. For the most part, the only time religion becomes a topic of discussion is when someone else brings it up... but when it's brought up he doesn't shy away from his beliefs - one of which is a strong belief in the separation of church and state. He also could provide an interesting challenge to Obama in terms of a one-on-one debate as he is quick witted and (IMO) does equally if not better in townhall type environments.

Jindhal and Pawlenty will both probably make a run, but I think it's too big of a hill to climb... either could be good VP candidates.

Still curious if Gingrich will get in the race. He carries some baggage with him... but the guy knows his history and is probably the most intelligent of the bunch.

When is the last time we ever elected as POTUS a member of the clergy?

Just sayin.'

AP - Mike Huckabee, a Republican relying on support from religious conservatives in Thursday's hard-fought presidential caucuses, on Sunday stood by a decade-old comment in which he said, "I hope we answer the alarm clock and take this nation back for Christ." In a television interview, the ordained Southern Baptist minister and former Arkansas governor made no apologies for the 1998 comment made at a Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Salt Lake City. . .

He gave the speech the same year he endorsed the Baptist convention's statement of beliefs on marriage that "a wife is to submit graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ." Huckabee and his wife, Janet, signed a full-page ad in USA Today in support of the statement with 129 other evangelical leaders.

AP - Mike Huckabee, a Republican relying on support from religious conservatives in Thursday's hard-fought presidential caucuses, on Sunday stood by a decade-old comment in which he said, "I hope we answer the alarm clock and take this nation back for Christ." In a television interview, the ordained Southern Baptist minister and former Arkansas governor made no apologies for the 1998 comment made at a Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Salt Lake City. . .

He gave the speech the same year he endorsed the Baptist convention's statement of beliefs on marriage that "a wife is to submit graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ." Huckabee and his wife, Janet, signed a full-page ad in USA Today in support of the statement with 129 other evangelical leaders.

What's wrong with that?

When is the last time we ever elected as POTUS a member of the clergy?

Just sayin.'

James Garfield... it's been a while. Although I think Woodrow Wilson's father was also a minister.

If people (men and women) would take the time to truly understand this verse in the Bible, we would have much happier marriages and certainly fewer divorces. Too many people want to take it literally in that "women should be submissive" and that is incorrect. Based on surveys that have been taken, most men want "respect" from a relationship and women want "to be loved" in the relationship. Submission to the husband (not in ALL things) provides a level of respect, and the husband's worship of his wife (which is paraphrasing the rest of the verse) provides the love most women desire.

VN Store

Back