Kiffin declares recruiting war in Georgia

"and Tennessee is about to get AJ Johnson one of the Top 5 prospects in the state for next year."
:crossfingers:

"and Tennessee is about to get AJ Johnson one of the Top 5 prospects in the state for next year."
:crossfingers:

Hubbs is supposed to talk to Mr. Johnson today at 4:00. Hopefully it will be about why he chose the Vols....

That certainly put a bug in the ear of the Tennessee media. John Adams, the respected veteran columnist of the Knoxville News-Sentinel, wrote about the potential recruiting impact of the win not just in Georgia but across to country. And ESPN’s SEC blogger Chris Low, who lives in Knoxville, weighed in on the recruiting theme in his Sunday column. And on and on it has been repeated.

Give Kiffin this: It is a proven formula for the Vols. Lest we forget, it was with considerable contributions from Atlantans Jamal Lewis, Cosey Coleman and Deon Grant that UT won the 1998 national championship.

Respected? Hmmm...

And I thought Deon Grant was from Augusta. (Just going off of memory... I know, GOOGLE it)

My old buddy Jimmy Hyams called me Monday and asked me come on his Knoxville radio show (WNML-AM) Monday afternoon to “talk about the fallout of Georgia’s loss to Tennessee.” I did and he asked if I thought one game like that one could turn the tide against the Bulldogs.

No, I told him, I thought Kiffin was a little premature planting his Big Orange flag atop Stone Mountain based on one victory. But string several together like Phil Fulmer and the Vols did in the 1990s and the Dogs could be in trouble.

:crazy: :eek:lol:

Garner wont go anywhere unless his wife approves. She is obsessed with the lifestyle of Atlanta and doesn't want to leave.

His wife cost him a good promotional opportunity working under Monte Kiffin. Stupid decision.

And just curious, but what makes Garner so unqualified that he can't be defensive coordinator at UGA?

His wife cost him a good promotional opportunity working under Monte Kiffin. Stupid decision.

And just curious, but what makes Garner so unqualified that he can't be defensive coordinator at UGA?

UGA may need to clean house on the entire defensive side of the ball. Willie is the most hated man in Atlanta right now.

okay i dont get this...rodney garner is a dline coach right? and we already had ogeron so why would we want rodney? i dont understand why we would have him coach a position group that he doesnt coach. did we want garner before coach O or somethin?

I think they were trying to get him to coach linebackers, or I believe I read that they even offered to have O switch to coaching a different position. They wanted Garner for recruiting in GA, plain and simple.

VN Store

Back