Old Photos of Tennessee Football I've Collected over the years60's-70's

For me, 60s and 70s ain't "old".
I would rather see Neyland era photos - that's old.

Killer pics. I was at the '79 games- Notre Dame and Rutgers. I actually still have my '79 Notre Dame ticket stub.

very cool pics...

quick question on this one, though: u_t__rutgers_1979 (a pic of the stadium)..

Can anyone identify that building that's directly across the street from mcclung and HSS?
(that is, where the new library now sits)??

Awesome PICS man...I was at a couple of games in the 70's you had although I was around 6-8 yrs old...but I definately remember the Georgia game when Hershel was playing...they killed us something like 42-7, 45-7 something like that....I just remember how amazed every VOL fan was with Hershel...the walk back to the car was a very long one that night...but i vividly remember everyone instead of being pissed that we lost....most were saying "WOW that #34 is amazing and is going to be a good back for them...little did they know....I think that was his freshmen year..if not sophmore then....he was really young and not that well know yet...

Very cool pics man. Neat to see how our uniforms have barely changed and how some other teams have changed drastically. If its not broke dont fix it!

A friend of mine was burnt for a touchdown on the first play of a tenn/ala game in the early 70's and I am looking for a photo.... do you happen to know the one... He played under Bill Battle

very cool pics...

quick question on this one, though: u_t__rutgers_1979 (a pic of the stadium)..

Can anyone identify that building that's directly across the street from mcclung and HSS?
(that is, where the new library now sits)??
Isn't that the old library?

I would like to see some photos of the team during Reggie Whites senior year . I have a freind who was on that team . Arthur Davis OL

I loved seeing that Vanderbilt player tripping while he was running thru the banner before the game in one of the 70's pics. And I loved all of the rest of them, too.

I'm really disappointed you don't have any photos of the 70 or 71 game against Ole Miss. It was a homecoming game, my first time in Neyland Stadium. I've told this story in here before but I got arrested by Knoxville's finest for having hair too long and didn't get to see the game. A photo or two from then would be great... :cray:

Guys, I wish I had more, especially some of the particular games that have been asked for, but I think that is the entire collection. I will take one last look to see if I have any more. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the picks, and I was in the crowd at quite a few of these games as well.

VN Store

Back