Sullivan South at West

didn't the TSSAA make a rule where if the heat index is at 100 you can't play and have to wait until it goes under 100? i don't know if heat had anything to do with this but I was just curious. thoughts and prayers go out to this young man's school, friends and family

This is tragic news. I really hate stories like this. It is just so sad.

It made me think of my kids, former teammates and coaches and I have shed a tear or two this morning for the young man.

Anyone who has played this game understands the bonds you develop. It hurts me even now when I lose former teammates or coaches years after I left the playing field.

As a former DB grad. I been in a few battles with South on the football field. I know how much sprit, heart, and fight the Rebels have. I know they will get through this. I just hope they know they are not alone. We are all grieving with them this morning.

This is very sad news for the family and their friend. I watch the news last night about it. They said he die after collapsing on the fields. My thought and prayers are with this family.

didn't the TSSAA make a rule where if the heat index is at 100 you can't play and have to wait until it goes under 100? i don't know if heat had anything to do with this but I was just curious. thoughts and prayers go out to this young man's school, friends and family

Each school is equiped with sychrometers (sp?) To monitor heat index. That shouldn't have been a factor unless someone was asleep on the job.

Yes, but I doubt that it played a role in this tragedy. I believe the rule is that if the heat index is above 104, you don't play (or practice). They check the conditions 10 minutes before kickoff, and if it's over 104, they don't play and have to wait 30 minutes before they check it again.

Thoughts and prayers go to the entire sullivan south family.

Is there a rule on having an ambulance at the games?

Most if not all of our games have an ambulance there, it took 30 minutes for the ambulance to get there last night. I don't know it would've made a difference, just wondering.

South was my high school--I graduated in 1994.
We lost several students in my time there so I know how bad this is and is going to be. Pray for the family, friends and the community....this isn't something that will just pass.

I graduated in 95 and you are exactly right....we did lose a lot

Horrible news. Just goes to show that tomorrow is guranteed to nobody...Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends!!

Is there a rule on having an ambulance at the games?

Most if not all of our games have an ambulance there, it took 30 minutes for the ambulance to get there last night. I don't know it would've made a difference, just wondering.
I know at GPHS there was an ambulance at every game, but maybe the district and regions all have different specifications on that?

There will be a service at the South football field tonight at 7:30 if anyone would like to attend.

Very sad. I have alway been a proponent of an AED at every school and there at all school activities. Especially after the Davis Nwankwo incident at Vanderbilt.

Yes, but I doubt that it played a role in this tragedy. I believe the rule is that if the heat index is above 104, you don't play (or practice). They check the conditions 10 minutes before kickoff, and if it's over 104, they don't play and have to wait 30 minutes before they check it again.

Thoughts and prayers go to the entire sullivan south family.
Also if the heat index is between 96-104, there is an extra timeout taken each quarter. It will be taken around the mid-way point of the quarter.

It's terrible for such a young person to die that way. Our heart and prayers go out to the family and to the school at Sullivan South. Life is precious. Take it a day at a time and get as much in as you can because we never know how long we'll be here on earth. I wonder if there will be an autopsy and what it will be if one is performed?

Good story on Tricitiessports...http://www.tricitiessports.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=&mad=&sdetail=36692&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1131&hn=tricitiessports&he=.com

Jake2.jpg

Jake1.jpg

Asking for prayers for this family again.. Jake's brother, Alex, has passed away today. He was a college student.

Heard about this earlier this afternoon. Such a tough thing for them to deal with. Praying for the family

VN Store

Back