So Frank Wycheck just slammed CLK for having physical practice....

Well I have been banned from sending them texts....Don't attack their one famous employee or you get the boot....Check my twitter to see what I think of Frank....I am done with it GBO

If it comes a time when the coaches are asking players to tone it down in our practices, I'd say we got something good going on.

i think volnation got a little love this morning.
howard was teasing wycheck about getting burned on internet message boards.
(gotta think it is this one, cause this is the only one i know of that attacks anybody in the media for expressing a negative opinion about clk)
but good for wycheck he stuck to his guns.

i cant believe wycheck expressed an opinion, how dare he.
someone is paying him to give it, he gave it. thinks his nfl days give him legitmacy.
are we going to bang on every single talking head who has a less than flattering opinion on the program?

I am in your corner velovol. Too many Kiffin Kissers who think everything Lane does is perfect and above scrutiny. Disagreeing with something Lane does is all right folks.

Wycheck is a tool. The only reason he is remembered is because of an illegal forward pass play that did not get called. He is just jumping on the bandwagon of haters. Like posted earlier, they are talking about us and that is all good. I bet if it gets to ESPN, we will see it on one of the pm shows
leave frank wycheck alone,he has been to a bunch of playoffs,and superbowl,and coached by the best coaching staff,and he knows about football,but he does need to not worry bout what lane does.

and shut up it was exactly a lateral pass,it wasnt in front or backwards pass,it was exactly side ways,and the last time i checked thats a laterall pass,so watch it before u talk frank threw the ball great,and it was called the music city miracle.and yes throwing exactly straight sideways is called a laterall.

leave frank wycheck alone,he has been to a bunch of playoffs,and superbowl,and coached by the best coaching staff,and he knows about football,but he does need to not worry bout what lane does.

and shut up it was exactly a lateral pass,it wasnt in front or backwards pass,it was exactly side ways,and the last time i checked thats a laterall pass,so watch it before u talk frank threw the ball great,and it was called the music city miracle.and yes throwing exactly straight sideways is called a laterall.
Well aren't we a little bossy today?

Well aren't we a little bossy today?

well yea sorry,but cant stand all the haters who aint from tennessee,who says that was a illegal pass,wen the refs looked for a long time and reviewed it,but maybe frank knows about practicing hard on 1st few days of practice,cause wen u begin practice,players arent used to fast speed,and goin full at it,but yes we need to be hitting and going hard at it,just maybe in a week or so.get the players used to heat and in shape.

I heard the comments by Frank the other day and didn't like the words he used. If he had said the same thing without calling Kiffin names I would have been fine with it, although I don't agree with him. He should not use words like idiot, moron or whatever at least until he has all the facts.

I still like Frank. He is a funny guy.

I think all of the "1045 hates the Vols" stuff on here is a bit overboard. They do not hate the Vols. I actually think Howard roots for the Vols. Plaster gives most everyone a fair shake. Kevin Ingram is a KY fan, but he is fair too and takes up for UT at times. Frank absolutely hates Nick Saban, but other than that I think he tries to be fair and give his honest opinions.

I listen to that station every day. If they were as anti UT as some make it sound I would not listen to them.

Now for the reason why I am posting this...

This morning they were talking about the backlash on here and VQ. Howard was basically saying that Monte said the practices were too physical and that proved Frank was right. He was making fun of everyone believing the zone is anti UT and talking about how nothing but positive comments can be made about UT without the fanbase going crazy and crying conspiracy.

well yea sorry,but cant stand all the haters who aint from tennessee,who says that was a illegal pass,wen the refs looked for a long time and reviewed it,but maybe frank knows about practicing hard on 1st few days of practice,cause wen u begin practice,players arent used to fast speed,and goin full at it,but yes we need to be hitting and going hard at it,just maybe in a week or so.get the players used to heat and in shape.

Dude, read the thread. Not only am I from TN, I lived in Nashville (at the time of the Miracle) and still live in TN. IF I want to "hate" on the Titans on a message board, I can. Your boy FW called our coach out on the radio (I believe he said dumb and idiotic).

It seems to me more like they are well aware of it and want to change it. Also, what happened to the ESPN affiliate? I was just listening to Sunday Night Baseball with the Braves on 106.7 a couple of weeks ago while driving back to Knoxville.

106.7 switched formats, now they are Top 40. I figured this was going to happen, the station has been fighting an uphill battle since it started. They first tried to move Plaster's old show over to it from 99.7 with Blake Fulton (tool) hosting and it was a bomb. Then they started some show with Bob Bell and that was a bomb. Then brought in Tom Abraham which was actually not bad (though his voice annoys me), but they dropped that back in February or March. At that time they went exclusive ESPN radio with no local programming. I figured it was over then and so last week sure enough, they switched. Which I actually was enjoying the all ESPN format but oh well.

The 106.7 has had about 5-6 formats now in a 10 year span. I'm sure within 2 years it will change again.

Oh and as far as Wycheck....I liked him as a player, and he's ok as a sport show co-host, but honestly the dude just doesn't have a radio voice. He's HORRIBLE as a color commentator. Pat Ryan is a million times better than him, if for nothing else Ryan actually has a great radio voice. Between Wycheck and Mike Keith, I can't listen to Titans' broadcasts. With Ryan I could. Plus, along with the voice, Wycheck just can't freakin' speak. He gets tongue tied so easily.

I don't like Plaster's show as much as I used to. I mainly listen during football and basketball season, but after March Madness it's a pretty dull show until August when football starts up again. I too get tired of hearing about the Braves and while I don't mind the shows where he's trying to raise money, it does seem like he's doing them an awful lot.

Some perspective from Mark Richt.

A lineman went down in the first tackling drill.

A lineman went down in the second tackling drill.

“You start thinking, ‘My gosh. We’ve lost two guys in the first 45 seconds of practice,’” Mark Richt said Monday. “That’s sort of how the whole year went for us. You think about things like that and, yes, I’ve got to say it was a reflection on how we prepared for games. I put that on me.”

It has been over two months since Georgia’s last football game. It will be six months before their next one. Sometime between now and then, the Bulldogs need to relocate their edge, toughness and resolve, which Richt now concedes was so obviously missing last season.

He blames himself.

On the eve of spring practice, the Bulldogs coach said Monday he erred by running softer practices last season after the team began accumulating so many injuries so early."

Richt: "It's time to go back to old school." | Jeff Schultz

...coming from a guy that gets concussions from laying his head on a pillow, I'd say he didn't prefer physical practices.

I know Wycheck and he loves CLK! He was commenting on what was said in the paper about a very physical practice without pads....which is stupid. IT DID NOT WORK WITH THE RAIDERS..........like he mentioned!
Many things don't work with the raiders
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Poole hurt
BB concussion
Ect......

Maybe Wycheck was correct........

I agree. If players are getting leg cramps then practices are obviously too tough. We need to run all practice at walking speed.

(Since you repeated your post, I will repeat mine)

Poole hurt
BB concussion
Ect......

Maybe Wycheck was correct........

You use ect (sic) as if there is a laundry list beyond the two you mentioned (both participated in the scrimmage Saturday and are fine, btw). Could you please let us know the dozens of serious injuries that have occurred?

VN Store

Back