'09 GA LB Dexter Moody

JUCO route seems likely for ECI’s Moody
2:13 pm June 23, 2009, by Darryl Maxie

By DARRYL MAXIE / dmaxie@ajc.com

It once looked like ECI linebacker Dexter Moody was right around the corner from receiving a financial aid offer from Tennessee. Now, junior college looks much more imminent for the 6-foot-2, 205-pound star recruit, who was released from a letter of intent by Georgia in March.

Georgia High School Football Daily, based on an interview with ECI coach Milan Turner, is reporting that Moody “still does not have a qualifying SAT score and also was taking a summer course and appears more likely to enroll at a junior college.” GHSF Daily also had good news for Georgia fans on record-setting running back Washaun Ealey, which can be found on the Junkyard Blawg. If you desire, you can contact the newsletter at ghsfdaily@bellsouth.net.

Initially, Moody hinted to the AJC that he might end up at “maybe Central Michigan or Florida.” As time passed, Tennesssee entered the picture and Moody told the Knoxville News Sentinel on April 19, “I’m going to [sign] as soon as they [the Vols] offer.” But, as more time passed, nothing happened and the likelihood that he would end up at Tennessee right away waned.

JUCO route seems likely for ECI’s Moody | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Is it a done deal that he is headed juco?

IMO, I hope so. Everything has been fairly calm in Big Orange country lately. I think signed Moody would just get everything riled up in a negative way if he comes here.

No way we go after him now. The only reason we did before is so that we could get some more bodies at LB in the fall...

And I told you if he qualified, he would have an offer. Most people believe that is what happened...

That's not what I have heard for a long time now. You can say that the coaches knew early that he wasn't going to qualify or whatever, but they passed on him awhile back and he hasn't entered their minds since.

That's not what I have heard for a long time now. You can say that the coaches knew early that he wasn't going to qualify or whatever, but they passed on him awhile back and he hasn't entered their minds since.

Well, you just keep believing that, and I'll keep believing that he would be a Vol if could pass a science test...

Just some info talked to one of his high school coaches he is at a kansas jr college a feeder program for tennessee so watch for dexter to be a vol in the future if he keeps his work up

from a guy on rivals

In 2009, Moody was a four-star linebacker prospect out of the Emanuel County Institute in Twin City, Ga., with offers from some of the nation's top football factories. Originally a commitment to the University of Georgia, he eventually parted ways with the Bulldogs amid concerns with his academics and some off-the-field trouble.

In an effort to get his grades in order and still work on his game, Moody took his talents to Fort Scott (KS) Community College – where a redshirt year in 2009 didn't stop several big-time programs from coming calling. Nebraska was the first to offer, but interest has come in from the likes of Auburn, South Carolina and Tennessee as well.

Article says he recently received an offer from Cincinnati and visited two weeks ago.

Scout.com: What is in Moody's Future?

VN Store

Back