"I'm not going to Notre Dame. Ever."

I'm not going to Alabama. - Nick Saban

First thing I thought of as well. But after really thinking, it's a lot harder to recruit kids to ND than at UF. Especially when FSU and UM haven't been that great in the last 5 years or so. Once Miami and FSU start winning 9 and 10 games a season routinely he won't be able to cherry pick out of Florida anymore.

First thing I thought of as well. But after really thinking, it's a lot harder to recruit kids to ND than at UF. Especially when FSU and UM haven't been that great in the last 5 years or so. Once Miami and FSU start winning 9 and 10 games a season routinely he won't be able to cherry pick out of Florida anymore.

2006: 2 (5*) + 10 (4*) = 12
2007: 1 (5*) + 12 (4*) = 13
2008: 3 (5*) + 16 (4*) = 19
2009: 1 (5*) + 9 (4*) = 10
2010: 1 (5*) + 4 (4*) = 5

These are Charlie Weis's recruiting classes. A man who holds a head coaching record of 29-21. 1-2 in bowl appearances. If Weis can pull in those classes, insert Urban Meyer and Notre Dame is pulling in classes similar to Florida imo.

One thing he's missing in that article. Once Meyer gets paid, Miles will automatically get paid more. Best contract stipulation ever.

“They’ll have to carry me out of here in a pine box”

One thing he's missing in that article. Once Meyer gets paid, Miles will automatically get paid more. Best contract stipulation ever.
That must be an LSU tradition. I seem to recall Saban having a similar stipulation in his contract that said if he won a national championship that LSU must make him the highest paid coach in the country.

Did you think i said im not going to Notre Dame? No, what i said was ive never read The Hunchback of Notre Dame, clean your ears out reporters!

*runs away in the sunset with Catholic holy water blessed moneybags*

I was just about to say something along the lines of how Urban said basically right up until the day he announced he was going to Utah that he was going to stay with us at BG. Some Falcon fans are still pretty chapped about that. I, on the one hand, don't really blame him, because if he had said he was looking at opportunities elsewhere and then they didn't pan out, a lot of people wouldn't have gotten behind him as much in another season at BG. And from what I hear, he still talks highly of BG and has been known to talk with BG students/alumni for 20+ min once he finds out that's where they're from.

Still, I would take any talk of his that he's not going anywhere with several grains of salt.

Dream Job+Loads and loads of tradition versus successful program for 20 years...decisions decisions.

I hope Urban sticks around at Florida long enough for us to thrash him a couple of times. I couldn't stand Florida fans saying we were never able to beat him if he bolts after this season. Hopefully... we'll win on Sept. 19th. though...

Urban Meyer would be crazy to leave Florida....He doesn't have to leave his back yard to recruit the best talent in the country for one and 2nd of all, it kind of ties in to the first one but like it was mentioned earlier in this thread, with Miami and FSU not winning like they used to its even easier, and winning 2 NC's at a school in 3 years will pretty much get you anything you want....Urban will be there a long time, after his first season at UF, had he not had the success he has had so far, I would say I could see him going but not now

I'm not going to Alabama. - Nick Saban

Saban is more of a "gun for hire" type of scumbag. He will leave bammer when a better job comes along.

Meyer has the world on his platter in Gainesville, why would he want to go through the hell of living in South Bend and bringing them back to their glory?

VN Store

Back