The Association Football Thread

Will tonight's Gold Cup game be on TV?
Also, does anyone know where I could find a good Team USA hat? i went to Soccer USA in Farragut, bu tthe only hat they had was a Landon Donovan hat.

up 2-0 on Honduras. first goal didn't come until the '73 min.

Santino Quaranta (73')
Brian Ching (79')

up 2-0 on Honduras. first goal didn't come until the '73 min.

Santino Quaranta (73')
Brian Ching (79')

Looks to have ended 2-0 US

I'm glad to see one of our younger squads come in and take care of business against a quality Honduras team. Didn't get to see the game, but on paper it looked to be one of US dominance.

Shots:
US 9(6)
Hon 3(2)

Corners:
US 8
Hon 2

If anyone watched, could we get a recap.

Looks to have ended 2-0 US

I'm glad to see one of our younger squads come in and take care of business against a quality Honduras team. Didn't get to see the game, but on paper it looked to be one of US dominance.

Shots:
US 9(6)
Hon 3(2)

Corners:
US 8
Hon 2

If anyone watched, could we get a recap.

Yeah it seems like we dominated. I don't have FSC so I couldn't watch. just got updates on espn.

David villa to FC Barcelona.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

his reluctance to play in england is probably going to cost him

i dont know how he will fit in, in barca's 4-3-3 whether he can play in the center by himself.

Chuck in that he isnt exactly guarenteed to get a game every week if Eto'o doesn't leave, his rejection of Liverpool (and his spainsh striking partner Torres) could be a costly one.

i dont know how he will fit in, in barca's 4-3-3 whether he can play in the center by himself.

Chuck in that he isnt exactly guarenteed to get a game every week if Eto'o doesn't leave, his rejection of Liverpool (and his spainsh striking partner Torres) could be a costly one.

I agree. He needs to pray Eto'o leaves if he wants to be a consistent contributor.

Well, Villa hasn't been confirmed yet so we will have to see.

Eto'o looks to be staying and if he does, where do you put Villa? Do you sit Henry? I don't like the idea of Villa being the highest striker. He is much better playing off of the highest striker like he does with Spain.

Exactly, Eto'o has a week to decide if he wants to go to Man City or not..in other words does he want money or success, that will hing the deal but even if he rejects it i can see the deal going through anyway as Barca are going to want to be seen as doing something to counteract Madrids buys, and as deals on Fabregas(defintly not happening) and Mascherano are slow at best Villa looks to be the deal.

Exactly, Eto'o has a week to decide if he wants to go to Man City or not..in other words does he want money or success, that will hing the deal but even if he rejects it i can see the deal going through anyway as Barca are going to want to be seen as doing something to counteract Madrids buys, and as deals on Fabregas(defintly not happening) and Mascherano are slow at best Villa looks to be the deal.

What do you think Barca does with the lineup if Eto'o stays and Villa is transferred?

Then Guardiola is spoilt for choice lol

Obviously you can't leave out Messi on the left wing so it would be from Villa,Henry,Eto'o,Bojan and Helb(i would expect Hleb to leave)

I'd see it as
Messi - Villa - Henry

Even with Eto'o scoring 34 goals last season Barca still seemingly want rid - im not sure if its to get away from a loyalty bonus to be paid next month - of him so that would leave me to believe that again he would be the odd man out, but people thought that when Henry was bought so you never know with him.
It will also be unfortunate for Bojan who looks like a really good prospect for the future, and if he doesn't see many opportunities like Hleb i would expect to see him seek a move away - probably within Spain.

Then Guardiola is spoilt for choice lol

Obviously you can't leave out Messi on the left wing so it would be from Villa,Henry,Eto'o,Bojan and Helb(i would expect Hleb to leave)

I'd see it as
Messi - Villa - Henry

Even with Eto'o scoring 34 goals last season Barca still seemingly want rid - im not sure if its to get away from a loyalty bonus to be paid next month - of him so that would leave me to believe that again he would be the odd man out, but people thought that when Henry was bought so you never know with him.
It will also be unfortunate for Bojan who looks like a really good prospect for the future, and if he doesn't see many opportunities like Hleb i would expect to see him seek a move away - probably within Spain.

Definitely need to loan Bojan out. Hleb is by all means gone in my mind. honestly, i think it would be sick with Messi on the right, Eto'o up front and Villa on the left side. I just can't see Henry staying healthy much less being a better option than any of the other three.

Eto'o vs Henry for me depends on the reasoning for why they want to shift him. If it's to do with the loalty bonus and he doesn't go then they will start Eto'o, but as they tried to move him last year something tells me its more than that and if it is the manager wnating him out then every excuse not to start him will be found.

It looks like the Villa to Barcelona deal is dead. But Ibrahimovic to Barca for Eto'o. Hleb and a lot of money. I'm not big on that deal at all.

I would rather have Ibra than Eto'o but we are also giving them like $40 million. We were probably going to get like $30 million for Eto'o from City so essentially we are paying $70 million for Ibra.

if im not mistaken i think i just saw where Chelsea is about to play Seattle on espn2. this could get ugly

VN Store

Back