Clk #5

I find it amazing that people have come to so many conclusions on lane before he ever coaches one game.

It's impossible to be overrated before you even coach a game, there are no standards on which to measure him. No wins, no losses. The only reason he's here on this list is because of controversy.

That's one hell of a list. Actually glad to see his name on it. Not sure what the intent was but CLK is keeping good company on that list.

Last edited:
I smell fear. They're trying to run him out of knoxville before he ever gets started. Its just a matter of time. May as well get their licks in now, it will be short lived.

Someone please explain how Charlie Wiess and Kirk Ferentz manage to stay off of these lists...

One of the more ridiculous lists to come out. Weiss isn't on it, and CLK, who has a CFB record of 0-0 is. Not a flame statement, but he can't even be rated, much less "over-rated." My thought, as a Bama fan, is that UT just got a lot tougher - a staff of excellent talent spotters who can also coach. (I am not totally familiar with your offensive staff, but if they are remotely as good as the defensive staff, there are some long October afternoons ahead for my Tide.) That isn't a concession statement, just the expectation of some great football.

maybe neither are rated high enough to be considered overrated?

Nah...you start putting some of these coaches on a list like this and you are an attention whore plain and simple.

Both Ferentz and Weiss were "all the rage" two years ago.

Mark Richt is #1 on my list.

He is 0-2 when having teams talented enough to contend for the big prize. It is hard to argue with your logic.

If Mack Brown doesn't go to the BCS Championship game this year his name should be considered as well.

Incredible the number of championships that have been won by that list of overrated coaches.... If Lane earns his way onto that list we'll all be happy with him being there.

This guy ran the hypesman campaign for Leinhart and Palmer... wouldn't that mean that he knows Kiffin personally? Could that mean that his inclusion was "personal" in nature? Maybe he's jealous of Layla?

Someone please explain how Charlie Wiess and Kirk Ferentz manage to stay off of these lists...

Seriously. We hear every year about how unbelievable of a coach Weis is, and that Ferentz is on the verge of leaving Iowa for some magical NFL job that NO ONE will offer him. These two are a joke. It might be pretty tough to win at Iowa, but if you can't win at ND something is seriously wrong with you. The problem with Iowa is that everyone talks about how this year is the year Iowa wins the NC. Makes me wanna puke...

I agree, this list is a joke. I do like how Spurrier is #1 though........I hate that guy!

seriously. We hear every year about how unbelievable of a coach weis is, and that ferentz is on the verge of leaving iowa for some magical nfl job that no one will offer him. These two are a joke. It might be pretty tough to win at iowa, but if you can't win at nd something is seriously wrong with you. The problem with iowa is that everyone talks about how this year is the year iowa wins the nc. Makes me wanna puke...

yes!

I'm trying to figure out how he's overrated when the majority of the talking heads out there are predicting bad things for Kiffin.

Do UT fans really carry this much weight in the CFB universe? :)

VN Store

Back