Barnhardt:No more apologies

I love the way Kiff has drawn the line in the sand. I have said this before and still stand behind it now. We have the talent in place and we will be a 10 win team this year. I have played for both types of coaches and I have seen great players play mediocre under non motivating, play not to lose coaches like Fulmer had become and I have seen average guys play great under leadership like Kiffin.

i think this little excerpt says all it needs to say. it's up to the reader i guess to believe any of it or not....

“No. 2, our own players. I think some of the things that we’ve done puts it back on your own players. They know you’ve gone out and said some things about what you’re going to do and what you’re going to accomplish. When you’re working out with your players at 5:30 in the morning they come up to you and say ‘Thanks for doing that coach. It makes us want to work that much harder because we’ve got your back.
“No. 3 is recruiting because it’s the lifeblood of the program. I don’t think if you took a conservative approach—whether you thought it was right, wrong, or indifferent—I don’t think there is any way you sign that class and there isn’t any way you sign the No. 1 player in the country. There are some things that have to be done specifically for this particular job.
“As you look at kids today they respond to confidence a lot. Guys that we’ve signed talk about the confidence they feel from the staff. We’re not backing down and kids like that. They like the energy around our program.”
we'll find out in the fall if there's anything to it or not. but they're going to need to draw on all of this next season, that's for sure.

Chris Lowe stated flat out that Kiffin made the comment about the gas station attendant. I thought they reported the recruit said he never heard him say that?

Chris Lowe stated flat out that Kiffin made the comment about the gas station attendant. I thought they reported the recruit said he never heard him say that?

Chris Lowe is a part of the ESPN douchebag club.

Yeah, i have read a few articles that flat out say kiffin made those comments without saying sorry....and totally disregard the fact that Kiffin and alshon both say those claims are untrue... its so annoying.

Yeah, i have read a few articles that flat out say kiffin made those comments without saying sorry....and totally disregard the fact that Kiffin and alshon both say those claims are untrue... its so annoying.

In the end whether its annoying, untrue, etc. Tennessee and Kiffin are in headlines where thousands can read about it. Look at todays postings,,, there are at least 10-15 news items about Tennessee from Miami to Minnesota. Its all good. Good because their home town programs are BORING,,It lets the kids know there is energy and something building up in Knoxville.

Some of the quotes after the article are hilarious:

It is Clear…that Corch Urban Meyers is not gonna take no jive off that Lance Cliftons from tennseee.

Go Gator! 1,2,3,4,5

Coach hom"O"

May 27th, 2009
9:47 am
It’s alright Lane. When UF and AL both embarrass the UT program on national TV I can still take my clothes off in front of all our young boys in the locker room. Heck, I could even get in the shower with ‘em if you think that would make ‘em feel better. Maybe cuddle with Crompton on the flight back home. Whatever it takes Lane.

Lane "Shirt-Rippin" Kiffin

May 27th, 2009
9:51 am
Dang, I just traded in Layla’s Pontiac and all we got was a Burger King Whopper.

In the end whether its annoying, untrue, etc. Tennessee and Kiffin are in headlines where thousands can read about it. Look at todays postings,,, there are at least 10-15 news items about Tennessee from Miami to Minnesota. Its all good. Good because their home town programs are BORING,,It lets the kids know there is energy and something building up in Knoxville.

dude i gotta say amen to that regardless of how annoying some of these articles are.

I love the way Kiff has drawn the line in the sand. I have said this before and still stand behind it now. We have the talent in place and we will be a 10 win team this year. I have played for both types of coaches and I have seen great players play mediocre under non motivating, play not to lose coaches like Fulmer had become and I have seen average guys play great under leadership like Kiffin.

I will provide further comment when I see it. Unfortunately, I think it's true that most vol fans on here aren't even expecting a 10 win season.

I don't have any buy-in for all the baloney that is being piped in by the media during the summer. I'm waiting for the media reports this fall when we can talk about yards per carry, yards per catch or who Eric Berry is sending a get well soon card.

I definetely like where we are at now as opposed to a year ago. From everything I can gather, the players have bought into the new coaching staff. As far as I can tell, the fans are getting honest assessments from the coaches and not just platitudes.

I can't wait for the fall.......come what may.

When do they ever look for ten wins in Columbia? When Phelps comes to town and they break out the bong?

Some of the quotes after the article are hilarious:

Coach hom"O"

May 27th, 2009
9:47 am
It’s alright Lane. When UF and AL both embarrass the UT program on national TV I can still take my clothes off in front of all our young boys in the locker room. Heck, I could even get in the shower with ‘em if you think that would make ‘em feel better. Maybe cuddle with Crompton on the flight back home. Whatever it takes Lane.

OK, this one is just freaky...omg....

wait...is this Tebow?.....:)

I noticed that when I read his article too. It seems ironic how Lowe and other media types are calling out CLK for his unethical comments, but they do not apply those same standards to themselves.

I noticed that when I read his article too. It seems ironic how Lowe and other media types are calling out CLK for his unethical comments, but they do not apply those same standards to themselves.

Alshon Jeffery has never been quoted as saying- "Lane Kiffin never made that comment." Only kiffin has said that jefferey denied it, and we know how kiffin likes to blow smoke every now and then.

Not talented and no 10 wins....this year.

Not talented and no 10 wins....this year.

Not talented, ok I forgot about the players still on roster.The same ones that were there 2 years ago when we almost one another SEC championship, oh yeah they all graduated right. What about the top 10 class we recruited this year. And don't tell me freshman can't make an impact, see TEBOW or our own BERRY for the most recent example

Not talented, ok I forgot about the players still on roster.The same ones that were there 2 years ago when we almost one another SEC championship, oh yeah they all graduated right. What about the top 10 class we recruited this year. And don't tell me freshman can't make an impact, see TEBOW or our own BERRY for the most recent example
i guess last year didn't count?

Deep down Slive is all talk. Truth is he is absolutely thrilled with all the attention. It is a matter of logic. The same holds true for CBS and ESPN. They all know that viewers are going to tune in when the Vols are playing this year. It matters not if 3/4 of the viewers are hoping for CLK to fall flat on his face. At least they will be watching.

In the end Kiffin has EVERYBODY seeing $ signs. This whole talk is a political shell game to appease the masses.

You're exactly right Lex. It's the same premise as not laughing at your kid at the dinner table in front the other kids. You have to reprimand him for show, and enjoy it on the inside.

Deep down Slive is all talk. Truth is he is absolutely thrilled with all the attention. It is a matter of logic. The same holds true for CBS and ESPN. They all know that viewers are going to tune in when the Vols are playing this year. It matters not if 3/4 of the viewers are hoping for CLK to fall flat on his face. At least they will be watching.

In the end Kiffin has EVERYBODY seeing $ signs. This whole talk is a political shell game to appease the masses.
This ,in a nutshell, is what Lane and Hammy's argument has been for the past two months..

VN Store

Back