The Atlanta Braves (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game seemed like it would never end. Good win though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Schafer sure does have a mouth on him. Comes through the TV loud and clear. He sure is in a slump after starting off hot.
Schaefer may be close to a trip to Gwinett County if he doesn't figure some things out at the plate. They can't keep running him out there to strikeout 2-3 times a night.

If the Braves could just generate some semblance of offense . . . the pitching has been as good or better than expected.

But that's what we knew the problem coming into the season was going to be all along. You can't compete when you've only got two good offensive players. The Braves wouldn't win this year if you gave them their 1995 rotation back.

I will say this about Jordan Schafer, though: .230 average or not, 40 strikeouts or not, etc. -- the kid has drawn 20 walks already in a little over 100 PA. I know he hits 8th, which means he's being pitched around some, but still, only 3 of those walks were on purpose. He's clearly still overmatched in the majors, but his OBP is already better than that of Kotchman, Escobar, Johnson, Francoeur, and so on. I don't know that he's going to be the star that the Braves thought he was a couple of a years ago, but I'm pretty confident now that he's a ML-quality hitter.

6-0 Phillies in the 3rd. At least The Braves dont make you waste your whole night watching a ball game only to lose it at the end. With them you know right away you need to be finding something else to watch.

6-0 Phillies in the 3rd. At least The Braves dont make you waste your whole night watching a ball game only to lose it at the end. With them you know right away you need to be finding something else to watch.

Watching the Braves on a Friday night ranks very low on my list for things to do on such a night. Talk about boring.

So, I assume posting about them is higher on the list?

I was referring to the post about not wasting an entire night watching them.. although I do that about every weeknight. Much better things to do on a weekend and posting about them doesn't have to include watching them, which is usually more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back