The Atlanta Braves (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight, sinking money into Kawakami and Anderson instead of Abreu looks like a bad move.

Abreau has the power, gold glove outfield, high BA, high slugging/on base, etc. I honestly thought that would be the guy they would go after, but never showed any interest.

Bandwagon?

I dont go to Sox, Yankees, or Cubs games. Their fans are beyond idiotic and I usually end up wanting to rip someones hat off. Two years ago a drunk Sox fan dumped a coke on me and said Yankees suck. I mean really?

Abreau has the power, gold glove outfield, high BA, high slugging/on base, etc. I honestly thought that would be the guy they would go after, but never showed any interest.
Abreu winning the gold glove in 05 was a joke. He is not a very good defender in the outfield. He doesn't have great power anymore either. Only 5 XBHs so far this season (0 HRs). Abreu would have helped the Braves but not a lot.

The next few series are going to very humbling for the Braves. They'll find out very fast that they're the 4th best team in the NL East, if they don't already know it. The Marlins and Phillies will own this team they way they're hitting right now.

The next few series are going to very humbling for the Braves. They'll find out very fast that they're the 4th best team in the NL East, if they don't already know it. The Marlins and Phillies will own this team they way they're hitting right now.

at least we're better than the nationals.........:ermm:

Last edited:
Haha.. the Nationals lack seasoned pitching. We can rake the ball at times and knock it all over the yard... Martis, Zimmermann and the possibility of Strasburg could improve things in a year or two.

Realistically what are your opinions on what the braves should do to improve? Should they go ahead and bring up Heyward and Freeman from the minors (They could give us production from LF and 1B) or do they let them continue to develop? My opinion is let them develop along with Hanson. I don't think they have the tools to win the division this year much less a World Series so I am looking towards the future. But what are your opinions on this?

It's a long way from Myrtle Beach to the major leagues. You can't even think about bringing either one of them up yet. The earliest you'll see Heyward is 2011. Freeman was hitting something like .230 for the Pelicans last time I looked, so he's not exactly helping his chances for the fast track right now.

What can they do to improve? Not much for this year -- the lineup is just too bad. Give it the old college try until you fall too far behind, and then start playing the kids to see what you've got.

So what's the news on when Hanson is a major leaguer?

I expect him sometime in June. But he's not even the best pitcher at Gwinnett right now -- this Medlen kid is even better so far. I don't think they know whether he's going to be a starter or reliever yet, though.

Bandwagon?

I dont go to Sox, Yankees, or Cubs games. Their fans are beyond idiotic and I usually end up wanting to rip someones hat off. Two years ago a drunk Sox fan dumped a coke on me and said Yankees suck. I mean really?

look at my prior post. i don't think i qualify as a bandwagoner. being sox fan doesn't make me idiotic.

Schafer sure does have a mouth on him. Comes through the TV loud and clear. He sure is in a slump after starting off hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back