'09 GA LB Dexter Moody

The former Georgia signee who has been released from his scholarship was apparently back in Knoxville today (Wednesday), but nothing is done. We will try to get more tomorrow from him.

Hubbs just posted this on VQ at 1:00am. Hopefully, Moody got the offer. I have a feeling we may know whats going to happen to Dexter by this time tomorrow night...

Something tells me if we haven't offered him yet, we probably won't. Something must have been uncovered about him... But that's just my opinion
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Something tells me if we haven't offered him yet, we probably won't. Something must have been uncovered about him... But that's just my opinion

But why would he be in Knoxville?

Based on the mildness of his problems (in comparison to a lot of issues) there would be other schools in on this if they thought they had a shot. I think UT and Moody both know he's going to come on board, it's just a matter of tying loose ends on the story.

What is the possibility that this kid's past keeps him from getting past the admissions office at UT? It may be that the coaching staff wants him but the university hold out due to classroom behavior.

Moody: A matter of when, rather than if
11:26 pm April 23, 2009, by AJC Opinion

By DARRYL MAXIE
dmaxie@ajc.com

The Dexter Moody Watch continues at Tennessee.

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound linebacker from Emanuel County Institute in south Georgia has sent out all the right signals – which basically means (a) saying, “I’m going to [sign] as soon as they offer,” (b) making sure to get that quote in the Knoxville News-Sentinel just in case the Tennessee staff happened to be reading the local paper, and (c) showing up in Knoxville, not only for the Orange and White game, but also to get a little face time with the administration just in case (a) and (b) didn’t make it obvious.

But Moody seems to be on the backburner while Vol fans buzz about B.J. Coleman’s decision to leave the school because he didn’t feel he was getting a “fair shake” in the quarterback competition.

Still, this seems to be a matter of when rather than if. We’ll stay tuned

Moody: A matter of when, rather than if | AJC College Sports Recruiting

idk. I think if they would have offered it would have been by now. But if they are going to do it they need to soon to get some positive press.

I'll be interested if we get this guy. We seem to be thin at the LB position

If/when this happens, I doubt very seriously that all the press is going to be positive.

From what I've heard from the recruiting office is they are trying to find a good way to spin this and that's when they'll offer him

Based on the mildness of his problems (in comparison to a lot of issues) there would be other schools in on this if they thought they had a shot. I think UT and Moody both know he's going to come on board, it's just a matter of tying loose ends on the story.

That's one way of looking it. More likely scenario is this:

"If the Bulldogs showed him the door and no one else is seriously pursuing the kid, the problems may not be all that mild."

VN Store

Back